Please help me choose alloys

downrodeo

Apr 12, 2009
West London
Ok, guys opinions on these please. So scared they'll look crap when fitted onto the car. Haven't got a huge budget, otherwise I'd go for BBS Lms or something similar.

sms.jpg

1269531833053_CAT_BLK_5_1.JPG

LG%20RADIUM%2017%20FRONT%20COMP.jpg

1257970625922_Finichi_Tarranto.jpg

Whatever I get it will be 17s, and will be going onto a black leon tdi.

downrodeo

Apr 12, 2009
West London
All those wheels would look better as 18s though....

You're right. Sadly i need to stick to 17s for all those bumpy roads in eastern europe (and london!) I just think some wheels pull off 17 better than others. The rs4s look amazing on your car, but i think they'd just look a bit weird at 17, others look okayish though.

Kyle yeah i'm thinking about black alloys. I think I just need to have a walk around and figure out what looks best. Any pics from members with alloys on their cars would be appreciated too :)

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
i dont have them. i just ordered some bbs on the weekend. i dont think you need spacers to make these fit as they fit over the brembo brakes with no problem

downrodeo

Apr 12, 2009
West London
Well I already have 17s, quite happy with them to be honest. Only changing now because one got buckled in Romania, and the others are in pretty bad shape cosmetically. Was thinking of getting them refurbed but decided I'd just get a new set.

Also, don't like the look of 16inch cupra oem wheels. 18s would be too far. 17 is a happy medium.

(also I already have an almost new set of 17 tyres, so changing to 18 would incurr that extra cost too)

Last edited:

JamJay

California Bound
I can't see pics at work held on the image hoster that you have chosen but I mean these:

seat-leon-cupra-tdi.jpg

IMO this would be a cheaper option for you and you wouldn't worry so much about damaging them. They're not a bad looking wheel either.

downrodeo

Apr 12, 2009
West London
Ah, those are the ones I thought were 16inch. Not a fan of those personally. I'm ok to spend 300-400 pounds - when I said I didn't have a huge budget I meant I couldn't afford something like BBS LM's which are more like £500 second hand.

I don't think these are so flashy (in gunmetal, not white)
P2118243.jpg

Last edited:

downrodeo

Apr 12, 2009
West London
Just an update on this - tried to order the wheels suggested by sambryant from potn.co.uk - please steer clear of these lot. Took the money, then completely ignored me for several days. They promise 'next day delivery' or if that's not possible someone will call to inform you. I've heard nothing. They don't give you a phone number and haven't bothered responding to any of my emails despite claims of 'responding to your email within 8 hours'. The order has been on 'checking' status for days now.

Have cancelled the order and will just buy the wheels locally as I have several long distance trips soon and can't afford to wait for several weeks for the wheels to arrive. Googled the company and apparently many other people have had the same experience and have had to wait several weeks.

JamJay

California Bound
Just an update on this - tried to order the wheels suggested by sambryant from potn.co.uk - please steer clear of these lot. Took the money, then completely ignored me for several days. They promise 'next day delivery' or if that's not possible someone will call to inform you. I've heard nothing. They don't give you a phone number and haven't bothered responding to any of my emails despite claims of 'responding to your email within 8 hours'. The order has been on 'checking' status for days now.

Have cancelled the order and will just buy the wheels locally as I have several long distance trips soon and can't afford to wait for several weeks for the wheels to arrive. Googled the company and apparently many other people have had the same experience and have had to wait several weeks.

They're a complete joke so I am glad that you have been able to cancel the order :). When I had my Civic, I wanted to order a Spoon spoiler and the website made the same claims as you've found so I called them up and the guy on the phone laughed at me and said there's not a chance I can get one any time soon as they don't stock them. Great customer service, not only do you exagerate largely the capabilities of your company, you also take the mickey out of your clients. Not been back since and I WILL ONLY EVER order things for the LCR from traders on here.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members