Please help me choose alloys

TubbyTwo

Taking a break from JDM..
Jan 27, 2010
Ipswich, Suffolk
Got to love the inovite ST6 :p

DSC01559.jpg

DSC01560.jpg

which are a copy of the original Volk Racing TE37 wheel from Rays Engineering. :p

downrodeo

Apr 12, 2009
West London
Hey, first off I think ive stumbled upon this "reply to quote" thingy, all be it not groundbreaking stuff really. Re your fact finding on the st's, yes any info would be really useful thanks. Like you, I would really like to leave the spacers out if poss. Et38 would be great. I may lean towards the spacers if need be, to get what i want, but not before a thorough search on alternatives. Theres some beauties on rare rims website, but quite a price too. Still worth another look though.

Hi Paul!

I have good news for you. Just bought the Inovit ST6 with 38 offset :)

Got them for the same price as potn.co.uk but without the stupidity. I say got, but I haven't really got them yet. The store has them in stock in their Manchester branch, and will have them shipped down to London for tomorrow.

Will stick up some pics when they're mounted.

Paul B2010

Jan 17, 2010
Hi Paul!

I have good news for you. Just bought the Inovit ST6 with 38 offset :)

Got them for the same price as potn.co.uk but without the stupidity. I say got, but I haven't really got them yet. The store has them in stock in their Manchester branch, and will have them shipped down to London for tomorrow.

Will stick up some pics when they're mounted.

Crikey! Are they 18's or 17's? Manchester's round the corner for me! What colour did you go for?

downrodeo

Apr 12, 2009
West London
Crikey! Are they 18's or 17's? Manchester's round the corner for me! What colour did you go for?

17s, but they have them in 18 too (not sure about offset but i'm guessing he'll have it in the right offset.

http://www.hotlinemotorsports.com/

Got them in gunmetal, but from a cursory glance he had white as well as black with red lip in stock too. Will post up a pic of them mounted on the tdi here tomorrow night.

downrodeo

Apr 12, 2009
West London
OK, so I've got good news and I've got bad news.

The good news is that I've got the alloys.

The bad news is that the ET38 were in the 4 stud fitment. The 5 stud were ET42 (as you already figured out). The even worse news is that my old alloys were ET35, so the difference is quite noticeable and I *will* need to get spacers now. I'm going to get 10mm or 15mm hubcentrics for the back, and maybe just 5mm on the front (might only bother with cheap spacers if the hub rim is long enough to still support the wheel).

200420101841.jpg

Ps. bear in mind that the car has just been lowered here, so the massive arch spaces are because the suspension hasn't settled.

Paul B2010

Jan 17, 2010
OK, so I've got good news and I've got bad news.

The good news is that I've got the alloys.

The bad news is that the ET38 were in the 4 stud fitment. The 5 stud were ET42 (as you already figured out). The even worse news is that my old alloys were ET35, so the difference is quite noticeable and I *will* need to get spacers now. I'm going to get 10mm or 15mm hubcentrics for the back, and maybe just 5mm on the front (might only bother with cheap spacers if the hub rim is long enough to still support the wheel).

200420101841.jpg

Ps. bear in mind that the car has just been lowered here, so the massive arch spaces are because the suspension hasn't settled.

So its great news on one hand! And bugger on the other! Look nice by the way. I dont think from the pic i can see this noticeable difference. Is it that the wheels are now looking sunk towards the centre of the car without the spacers? Thats how im seeing this offset thing? More noticeable with a rear shot i imagine.

dchaddock

can you put a few more pics up as thinking of getting some of these my self. cheers dave

downrodeo

Apr 12, 2009
West London
Will do it tomorrow now as its too dark for anything decent. Pain in the arse about the spacers. Going to take the wheel off and measure the hub contour to see how deep it is, unless someone on here already knows?

Paul B2010

Jan 17, 2010
Will do it tomorrow now as its too dark for anything decent. Pain in the arse about the spacers. Going to take the wheel off and measure the hub contour to see how deep it is, unless someone on here already knows?

Looks like a lot of people dont worry about spacers too much, judging by the amount of users. Can't be too bad. Can they?!!

downrodeo

Apr 12, 2009
West London
Well it's mainly just the added expense. Hubcentric spacers seem to be about £50 per pair. So if I want to space out both front and back, looking at around £100 more!

downrodeo

Apr 12, 2009
West London
Fortunately when u buy hubcentrics they usually tend to give you longer bolts with them. Driving up to Glasgow 2morow so its going to be tricky trying to sort this out. I may just chuck cheap 5mm craps onto the back for now if I find the hub lip clears them enough to support the wheel. Really dont like how the back is looking now.

Paul B2010

Jan 17, 2010
Fortunately when u buy hubcentrics they usually tend to give you longer bolts with them. Driving up to Glasgow 2morow so its going to be tricky trying to sort this out. I may just chuck cheap 5mm craps onto the back for now if I find the hub lip clears them enough to support the wheel. Really dont like how the back is looking now.

Shame its not looking as you expected. Im sure you'll have it sorted soon, and the cost'll be forgotten soon enough. It'll be worth it in the end.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.