Please help me choose alloys

downrodeo

Apr 12, 2009
West London
Well unfortunately I haven't received a confirmation of my cancellation either or the money back yet. They're bloody useless. They've ignored all my emails but as soon as I launched a paypal dispute the status of my order went from 'checking' to 'fail'. Anyway, I'm glad I paid through paypal as hopefully that means I'll get the money back one way or another.

You're lucky you were able to call them on the phone jay! But glad I'm not the only one who's found them to be a waste of time. Luckily I've found a shop not too far away that advertises the same alloys on ebay for the same price and I can go instore and see them for myself.

In summary, STEER CLEAR OF POTN . CO . UK EVERYONE.

Paul B2010

Jan 17, 2010
Downrodeo, excuse if ive missed a thread somewhere here, but is it the inovit st6 you are buying/attempting to buy here?

Paul B2010

Jan 17, 2010
Reasons for my my prying downrodeo (sorry i havent sussed how to put the related post into this post as yet!), is that i'm curious as to, if you have done the deal yet, which colour you went for, and wat offset did you manage to get your hands on. Ive been staring at this alloy for some time now, thanks to the gent with the white ones on his black leon, and ive tried to find something nicer at the same price bracket, but keep coming back to this one. Ive got black leon, but was thinking black alloys for the stealth look, but hell of a decision to make. I like the polished rim to break it down a bit, but ive been told, they have stopped making that one, due to early corrosion. The main thing that has stalled my decision is the need to use spacers to correct the closest offset available (as far as my research takes me!), which is 42mm. Ive always been under the impression that spacers are not great for the bearings, but have since been told that they are okay as long as they are correcting the offset. So this info kinda puts them back in the pipeline. ( I might start a thread on the spacer theory if i cant find anything on it). So yeh, what was your/wat is your purchase going to be?

downrodeo

Apr 12, 2009
West London
Reasons for my my prying downrodeo (sorry i havent sussed how to put the related post into this post as yet!), is that i'm curious as to, if you have done the deal yet, which colour you went for, and wat offset did you manage to get your hands on. Ive been staring at this alloy for some time now, thanks to the gent with the white ones on his black leon, and ive tried to find something nicer at the same price bracket, but keep coming back to this one. Ive got black leon, but was thinking black alloys for the stealth look, but hell of a decision to make. I like the polished rim to break it down a bit, but ive been told, they have stopped making that one, due to early corrosion. The main thing that has stalled my decision is the need to use spacers to correct the closest offset available (as far as my research takes me!), which is 42mm. Ive always been under the impression that spacers are not great for the bearings, but have since been told that they are okay as long as they are correcting the offset. So this info kinda puts them back in the pipeline. ( I might start a thread on the spacer theory if i cant find anything on it). So yeh, what was your/wat is your purchase going to be?

Hi Buddy,

I haven't been able to get much further because of POTN wasting my time and messing me around. However, on their faq they do say these are available on an ET38 offset.. but I'm not sure whether or not to trust that. Going to shop that stocks them locally for same price tomorrow, will ask there and let you know.

Personally I want to avoid spacers too if possible, just don't want one more complication. And I think hubcentric spaces are the only safe ones.

ps. here they are with a 40 offset (wrong PCD though) http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/17-inovit-All..._tyres_Rims_Car_Wheels_ET?hash=item53de05ff6a

Last edited:

Paul B2010

Jan 17, 2010
Hi Buddy,

I haven't been able to get much further because of POTN wasting my time and messing me around. However, on their faq they do say these are available on an ET38 offset.. but I'm not sure whether or not to trust that. Going to shop that stocks them locally for same price tomorrow, will ask there and let you know.

Personally I want to avoid spacers too if possible, just don't want one more complication. And I think hubcentric spaces are the only safe ones.

ps. here they are with a 40 offset http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/17-inovit-All..._tyres_Rims_Car_Wheels_ET?hash=item53de05ff6a

Hey, first off I think ive stumbled upon this "reply to quote" thingy, all be it not groundbreaking stuff really. Re your fact finding on the st's, yes any info would be really useful thanks. Like you, I would really like to leave the spacers out if poss. Et38 would be great. I may lean towards the spacers if need be, to get what i want, but not before a thorough search on alternatives. Theres some beauties on rare rims website, but quite a price too. Still worth another look though.

worzel

LCR 225
Dec 20, 2009
Jersey
Thanks for the link chap! Are you and LC or LCR guy? Would be great to see a picture of the finished product, it may help my decision.... :) (although i'd feel awkward to copy... lol!)

Mines a Black LCR. I live in Jersey (Channel Islands) and not sure now when the wheels will arrive, some ash cloud is causing all sorts of delays in UK air space but when they do eventually arrive and are fitted i will post pics.

TubbyTwo

Taking a break from JDM..
Jan 27, 2010
Ipswich, Suffolk
Who's is the lcr with the Volks ****ing love those wheels

my fav wheel of all time.

they look seriously hard on the big power Jap stuff.

DSC9231_copy.jpg

:drool::drool::drool::drool: