Please help! Wiper Linkage replacement

Wimbledonian

Aug 31, 2010
milling around
It does not matter which side the steering wheel is - the wiper mechanism is not changed.

Which means in the UK, the passenger gets a clearer screen than the driver :(

Apr 10, 2019
Is the Wiper Linkage from Seat Leon 2005-2012 1P0 955 602A compatible with my ALTEA XL 2009?

It s very similiar thank you

Last edited:

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
The part number difference would suggest not

The first 3 digits are for the specific model or engine etc

Next 6 are group and sub group .as in body / wiper linkage

Then letters for specifics as in base or gti etc. Can be doubled up if modified or upgraded and even X for exchange items etc .

Body parts usually have extra 3 letters for colour codes or trim etc .

Apr 10, 2019
thank you for the reply
i call seat service parts and the seller give me this number part for my car 5P0955601B (left side)
but yesterday i open and see behind. My number is 5P0955023FBVA
Its the same!
But my question is if the 5P0 is the same of the 1P0 is very similar on the picture.. ALTEA (XL) / TOLEDO III vs LEON

Last edited:

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
Could be subtle difference between the two such as the angle of the spindles casting to compensate for the screen rake. Or the length of the rods

I can see why your asking. Sadly not had both side by side to compare

Apr 10, 2019
Could be subtle difference between the two such as the angle of the spindles casting to compensate for the screen rake. Or the length of the rods

I can see why your asking. Sadly not had both side by side to compare

exactly.. unfortunatly you are right. litle diference can make a big difference.
For our altea /XL one way 200 euro for one side. 400 for both very expensive

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
Owcha

Spindles snapped off ye ? Tried a breakers at all ?

Maybe able to strip just that bit out from a donor

klawit

ALTEA 1.4 TSI 4YOU (my2015)
Oct 13, 2005
Germany, Cologne-Area
the part number for ALTEA is 5P0955602A and for LEON is 1P0955601A is it the same item?
But my question is if the 5P0 is the same of the 1P0 is very similar on the picture.. ALTEA (XL) / TOLEDO III vs LEON
Hi, nope, those parts are definitely different and the Leon part won't fit in your Altea and vice versa, no matter which model year.

I assume, the pictures you're referencing might be the ones offered as exploded views ... they're often enough standardized, thus not precise enough.

pedxxx

Nov 23, 2012
Right lets have a go at this! i'm useless at writing guides,but here goes!

Firstly these are torx bits and you only need a t30 one to do this,available from halfords!

1et5pg.jpg

Then take off your remaining wiper,and the plastic tray,it pops off! (No pics sorry didn't want to risk another £70 on mine :cry:)
Then pull off the rubber seal (if you haven't to get the tray off) next undo the 2 little black metal screws either side of the metal panel,as shown by my finger in this pic.

29funpu.jpg

Then grab the metal lip of the firewall and wiggle it out,see pic (It is coming away there but its not very clear!

21opnqe.jpg

Next undo the 2 bolts holding the wiper linkage in,again my fingers pointing to one,the others by the spindle itself (second pic)! and the motor assembly should now come out complete!

eqtvd5.jpg

mtwk08.jpg

And then with the motor out,you need to undo the three bolts holding the arm in (pictured but easier with the motor out) and swap for the new linkage.

15i441g.jpg

And then refitting is the reversal of removal,the only slight tricky bit is the motor has a locating lug which is a bit of a fiddle to get into the hole before bolting it in,but you'll see where it needs to go!
So good luck with it,if i can help anymore,give me a shout.
Another Paul :)
Hi,

Don't suppose you still have the pictures for this? I have a Leon with similar issues.

wolfie123

May 26, 2016
Good evening .my 2009 leon has just started with wiper issues parking at bottom of screen rather than
At the sides.would this indicate worn spindles. When looking for spare parts unable
To find RHD are they the same as LHD or would anyone have the part numbers
To order
Many thanks

Philip Santi

Sep 28, 2019
If you find the answer, let me know.

I had the same issue as the OP (sheared nut and couldn't get my windscreen replaced). Replaced my n/s wiper linkage (5P0955023F) with an AIC 57748 which I've seen reference both the 5P0955023F and 5P0955601B.

Since changing it, I can't get my wipers to park back at the sides

wolfie123

May 26, 2016
in the end i managed to get an os complete unit off ebay , fitted straight on and came with a motor . bought a new ns linkage off ebay
swapped everything over . didnt take much time its just the arm position reset that took a little time ---about 2 hours amateur yeh i know
touch wood all been ok since - originally i did order off autodoc , they were really helpful and returned purchased units

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.