Poor braking, is it my discs?

chase06

Aug 8, 2006
Hey guys,

I only noticed how poor my brakes were yesterday when slamming them on, and lets just say I didnt slow down as "quick" as Id hoped. After looking around at the brakes my front discs seems extremely rusty, and the rear ones are an absolute disgrace. Really rusty with some really bad fresh scoring marks, as if the surface of the pad is abit like ---^---^--^---^---- and it has been biting into the disc. It seems the same on both sides. Sometimes it feels like im not going to stop in time then if I press the pedal slightly harder it seems to bite and stop.

Im considering changing the brake fluid and putting some new discs and pads on all four, but why the hell should I? I still have 18 months left on the warranty, ive only had it since July and I sure as hell dont want to be paying for all new pads and discs at the moment, should I be able to get this done under warranty?

Its an FR 1.8T with 6k miles on the clock, 55 reg

Cheers guys,

gazjones

warrenty wont do i as they are consumable parts. my rears were like this so i changed them myself. cost 40 quid for parts. changed my fluid and made a slight difference but with yours only having 6k on it i dont think its really worth it. you could get the 312mm set up. 250 quid hell of alot better. and not much more when you take into acount price of disks and pads you would need for current setup

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
warranty wont cover this no as its genaral wear and tear im affraid as gaz said upgade your brakes :shug: or simply change the discks pads all round and fluid

Fez boy

Apr 23, 2003
Watford
Visit site
The standard brakes are rubbish!

If your thinking of changing them anyway IMO it would be best to fit the 312's
as they are so much better ;)