Poor sound trough AUX

afsaft

Hello,

I just connected my mobile phone (Samsung HD 8910i) to the AUX input on my Cupra. The sound coming trough the car speakers are at best awful. The cabel connecting the two items is a HAMA 0,5m 3,5mm-3,5mm.

Is this the normal experience, or am I missing something here?

Afsaft in Greece

Dave 77

Dave ;)
Nov 13, 2009
Hertfordshire
Ive got the same phone and i had the same prob, only tryed it once but il have a look tomorro to see if i can figure out wots going on.

afsaft

I see, maybe it's the phone, to bad, because it's supposed to have a good music player.

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
Some phones just don't put out enough volume for the quality to be any good. I have to use a preamp for mine to work, just a small battery powered amp to lift the signal a bit.

Jan 17, 2010
Essex - Saffron Walden
check you dont have any bits stuck down your head phone port... i nearly took my car back to seat as it wasnt working and realised that i had a little bit of tissue stuck down it..took it out and it worked a treat. If the cable pin and the port dont have full contact it wont work as well.

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
Some phones just don't put out enough volume for the quality to be any good. I have to use a preamp for mine to work, just a small battery powered amp to lift the signal a bit.

You know there's an Aux-In level setting with a choice of low, medium or high?

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
Aux with my iphone works great.. Apart from the bloody cables keep breaking! Tried 3 so far and they have all gone sketchy!

afsaft

Just tried another samsung, and this worked very well. I guess the connector on the HD is the problem.

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
I've ordered an iphone connection to Aux phono. Should arrive tommorw. Will report back if it is anygood.

Octane2097

Naturally Aspirated
Jan 20, 2007
South Yorkshire
its worth saying i have problems with sound quality with the aux when im playing music from my phone and charging the phone at the same time

unplug the charger n its perfect. plug it in and u can hear allsorts of random noises

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.