Poorly PD130... Your thoughts?

T. Spark

Just claim it was a Friday afternoon car! Take the 'ring stickers of aswell.

Try a different dealership too - not your regular one even if it means going further. They probably wont remember your car and you might get away with it!

Ive been to every dealership in 50 miles :)

Going in for some work done at JBS meaning it wont be running standard turbo etc... wink wink :)

Oh well, we will see

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
I think you should sort the MAP sensor issue first - you know there's definitely been a problem in that area because of the fault logged in the ECU.

You may well find that everything stems from the MAP issue.

If that doesn't fix all of the faults, then start looking elsewhere.

EDIT: Not sure how much MAP sensors cost, shouldn't be too much I wouldn't have thought.
You never know, it might have been moved to a more accessible place when the FMIC was fitted. If not it's a bumper off job, but that's no big drama. Then replacing the sensor just involes disconnecting the wiring, removing a couple of screws, pull out, stick new one in, replace screws, replace wiring connector.
The screws will either be ordinary Torx head, or might be security-head versions, I can't remember. I'd hate you to get the bumper off then realise you haven't got the right tool ;)

Here's a pic of the sensor on the original SMIC:
http://muddyboots.fotopic.net/p15502319.html

Last edited:

Mattyh87

Sideways as always!
May 7, 2006
Manchester
Had another thought, you checked your boost pipe is fitted tightly? If its leaking at the end of it (where it connects in) It could give some bad vibrations etc and would explain the loss of power also.
When mine popped off it was shakin' like stevens!

T. Spark

Had another thought, you checked your boost pipe is fitted tightly? If its leaking at the end of it (where it connects in) It could give some bad vibrations etc and would explain the loss of power also.
When mine popped off it was shakin' like stevens!

Id be able to hear the hissing tbh matey, im 99.9% sure it isnt a boost leak that has caused the loss of power, or the limp mode, or everything else thats not working! lol!

Hopefully be fixed by this time next week :wink:

T. Spark

It wouldnt hiss if the hose has part popped off. Makes it vibrate like a bitch though!

If the hose has popped off, id have ZERO power as no boost and loads of black smoke flying out the back matey! That isnt the case :p

Anyway, see general section to see how poorly it is now :(

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
If it was just a boost leak, you wouldn't have the "MAP sensor open/short-to-ground" error.

There is a "charge pressure control - negative deviation error", which usually does suggest a boost leak, but this is based on output from the MAP sensor which is most likely buggered.

T. Spark

If it was just a boost leak, you wouldn't have the "MAP sensor open/short-to-ground" error.

There is a "charge pressure control - negative deviation error", which usually does suggest a boost leak, but this is based on output from the MAP sensor which is most likely buggered.

And so is the side of my car :( plans on hold for this work now, as it needs bloody painting first :(

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise