Pops and Bangs Vz3

Bear

Jun 15, 2021
And this idiot 😁👍
I've got a VZ2 310, so am not sure if the engine/exhaust is the same, but in Sport or CUPRA mode I get a few pops when lifting off the juice pedal between 3 and 4 thousand revs.

It's not exactly Cherry Bomb effects, but mildly smile-inducing for this old bugger...

Reactions: Wyld Stallyn

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
Cupra mode - make sure to switch to it if you just started your car, the car will still keep displaying Cupra mode but will keep the exhaust flap closed unless you switch to a different mode and then come back.

S gearbox (should be automatically in it if you switched to Cupra mode).

Push the car a bit, let off the gas suddenly at 3500 rpm.
Keep playing with a little bit of gas and then release at around 3500. You can litterally just tap it a little bit around this rpm and it should rumble/pop.

Going under 3000 - no bangs at all.
Going over 4000 - usually less bangs or less noticeable due to engine noise.

I disconnected my fake sound generator so it may be easier to hear.

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
You guys will say that I am insane, but...

Besides all that was already mentioned... Disable start/stop

It is hard to believe for me too, but there seems to be a relationship - I was trying to show it while stationary with 0 pops and bangs coming and the minute I disabled.start stop it did it.

Don't believe me? Try.

Wyld Stallyn

Be Excellent To Each Other and... Party On Dudes!
Mar 10, 2022
You guys will say that I am insane, but...

Besides all that was already mentioned... Disable start/stop

It is hard to believe for me too, but there seems to be a relationship - I was trying to show it while stationary with 0 pops and bangs coming and the minute I disabled.start stop it did it.

Don't believe me? Try.
Thanks Jaco, I too want Pops and Bangs 🤘😎 - how did You turn off the Stop/Start..?

slapheed

Jun 25, 2022
Cupra mode, in manual change is your best bet. Release the throttle between 3k and 4k and you get a little bit of a pop. This works every time. Every now and then when changing down you also get a decent bang but this is a lot more random.

Reactions: Fencer60
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.