Jan 15, 2007
Rugby, Midlands
www.tbfh.org

thewiizard

Tarmac Tantaliser
Jan 15, 2007
Rugby, Midlands
www.tbfh.org
So you think that's pretty much a bolt on replacement perhaps just needing a larger TIP?

Sorry mate, I've done a lot of searching today but a lot of the threads become quite convoluted and off topic and become distracting. I'm continuing to read but just thought I'd try and clear up the basic things first :)

thewiizard

Tarmac Tantaliser
Jan 15, 2007
Rugby, Midlands
www.tbfh.org
Yeah valid point Chris. I'm interested because a friend has just fitted one to his MK4 GTi after his stock turbo seized up and from having a nose into it, it doesn't seem that bad.

May not last 100K but could still be worth a go :)

chris_200120vt

MR carbon fibre
Oct 4, 2008
YEADON, LEEDS
i bought one after reading that it may go pop after 10 miles of fitting i thought :censored: that and put it on ebay did not want to risk it, so i think when i have some money spare after paying jake for the respray may just put a ths manifold on and run it on a stage 2 map unless i bugger off to austrailia again:cartman:

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
k04-023 needs a completely different type of downpipe, it exits the side not the rear, has different fittings, needs different manifold, TIP etc etc etc

daves ibiza

im going down k04 023 route totally diffrent setup to k03 k03s k04 001 ect

thewiizard

Tarmac Tantaliser
Jan 15, 2007
Rugby, Midlands
www.tbfh.org
OK, well this is seeming like a option then. What's the deal with the charge pipe, would I need to run the Golf GTi option or is there a better LCR option?

Stealth Racing were telling about how much "fun" the K04-023s are to fit because of what Bill just mentioned. The exhaust/down pipe has clearance issues apparently.

daves ibiza

yeah will be a custom job on exhaust ect but every thing else should fly together, pics of my turbo kit will be up soon and ov course bill will be mapping it again;). id go for lcr route mate ask bowen for pics i made his the lcr route much better than draging pipework.

can i ask you a question mate whys your car diffrent colour on front ect

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
If I were you I'd start searching for K03 hybrids or see Badger5's section where he has a detailed post of what's needed to achieve the same power for less hassle.

thewiizard

Tarmac Tantaliser
Jan 15, 2007
Rugby, Midlands
www.tbfh.org
I've spoken to CRT about getting a K03 hybrid up with RS4 internals I think but it's a lot of money. About 500 notes and I think it came in it 300bhp capable.

lol Dave it's a long story but essentially, I damaged the front end and there happened to be a silver cupra in the breakers yard. That was 18+ months ago and I'm still not overly annoyed with the combo. Constantly getting mixed reviews but having a standard colour scheme is on the list :)

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
I've spoken to CRT about getting a K03 hybrid up with RS4 internals I think but it's a lot of money. About 500 notes and I think it came in it 300bhp capable.

lol Dave it's a long story but essentially, I damaged the front end and there happened to be a silver cupra in the breakers yard. That was 18+ months ago and I'm still not overly annoyed with the combo. Constantly getting mixed reviews but having a standard colour scheme is on the list :)

If you want more power then you have to pay for it, no short cuts available im afraid!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.