Post Cupra Connect Free Year

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
Soon, next month, my CUPRA CONNECT free year runs out. Does anyone know what will be lost without it? I do tend to use Android Auto most of the time so hoping this will all work OK.
What about voice control, notifications, OTA updates? Can I still monitor the charging & set pre heating etc. without it? Or other app content such as car status?
Really appreciate your thoughts on this, thanks.

IanH72

Jan 20, 2019
Soon, next month, my CUPRA CONNECT free year runs out. Does anyone know what will be lost without it? I do tend to use Android Auto most of the time so hoping this will all work OK.
What about voice control, notifications, OTA updates? Can I still monitor the charging & set pre heating etc. without it? Or other app content such as car status?
Really appreciate your thoughts on this, thanks.
I have a VZ2 310 ps so can’t comment on the charging side of things but you can still use voice control, get notifications and OTA updates. When you open your app it will just tell you that you need to renew your subscription so doesn’t let you see anything.

DandyAndy

Oct 14, 2021
Without a connect subscription, you will lose all functions associated with the app such as starting or ending the charging / charge status and pre heating etc although they can still be set from within the car via the infotainment screen. I'm not sure but I think that the maps for the sat nav will not update or the live traffic info won't work. Android auto will still work as will the OTA updates.

If you open the connect app, select the cog symbol at the top right of the page then scroll down and select "my online services". The functions listed will not be available without a paid subscription.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cuprakash

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
Thanks for that both of you (y) . I must admit I find a lot of the functions in the app really useful but the yearly fee is extortionate imo and that's coming from someone who happily paid for the BMW equivalent previously, it was much more reasonable.
Oh well, I'll just have to see how I get on without it.

Reactions: DandyAndy

Supa Koopa

Mar 13, 2022
Wasn't the BMW equivalent for 3 years as well? I was surprised by the fact Cupra's was only for a year. It wasn't something I'd even thought about or checked when buying as I assumed it would be the same as the outgoing M135i.

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
Wasn't the BMW equivalent for 3 years as well? I was surprised by the fact Cupra's was only for a year. It wasn't something I'd even thought about or checked when buying as I assumed it would be the same as the outgoing M135i.
Yep, 3 whole years for £79 iirc! I never gave it a thought either when I bought mine. Cupra want £119 per year or £199 for two :banghead2

Reactions: Supa Koopa

dazed

Mar 28, 2022
It didnt cross my mind either that it wouldnt be for 3 years... it was 3 years on my current and previous cars! Will have to see what it gives me when i get it and when it expires, cant see it being worth £10 a month though o_O

Supa Koopa

Mar 13, 2022
I thought when I got my M135i new it was for 3 years, I certainly don't remember thinking it was going to be a problem.

Luckily I've only got a 310 so I'm not that fussed about the app, but it would be annoying not being able to set the pre-heat function with a hybrid. :(

Reactions: oldgitdave

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
Yep, 3 whole years for £79 iirc! I never gave it a thought either when I bought mine. Cupra want £119 per year or £199 for two :banghead2
Ouch! On my old Audi it was free for a year, then after that if you emailed them to ask "how do I renew it?" they just gave it you free for another year! ☺️ Did that for four years.

Mercedes connect was free for 3 years I think (I certainly never paid for it and had it for 2 1/2 years).

It's nice to have, but no way on this earth would I be paying £100 a year for it!

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
Yes I saw that. I wonder why 3 free years on the Cupra Born only? If I were in the market for one I'm pretty sure 3 free years of Cupra Connect wouldn't be one of my top priorities!

darkshadow13

Sep 27, 2021
england
I was also wondering if android auto would work even still Waze app rells you live data etc also had all notifications on cupra connect health report said my tyres were fine checked car and I had a flat tyre also since getting car serviced it still says service is due 🤔

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
I was also wondering if android auto would work even still Waze app rells you live data etc also had all notifications on cupra connect health report said my tyres were fine checked car and I had a flat tyre also since getting car serviced it still says service is due 🤔
As far as I'm aware with Android Auto / CarPlay it's just displaying your phone apps on the cars display, therefore that will keep working without the Cupra Connect subscription.

Reactions: darkshadow13
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.