post face lift fog lights in the pre face lift??

East london20vT

Oct 9, 2008
east london
Dose any one know if the post face lift fog light holders will fit in the pre face lift?? also would they be brighter as they do not have the projector lens??

I think they would but dont want to spend £60 and found out they dont. lol

:cry:

Cheers

Nov 27, 2006
www.cardomain.com
Difficult to know exactly what you're asking here, but if the question is - will MY03 shape foglights fit in the earlier (Toledo style) bumper? Then Yes, they are the same units

The grilles (holders??) won't - for obvious reasons - they're a different shape

I don't know what this projector lens stuff is about... suspect it may relate to the crystal lenses in the LCR foglights (the round ones) and/or the fogs on the new shape Leons/Alteas etc etc

**For clarification - these won't fit a MY03 (post) or pre-facelift bumper either**

A pair of oval foglights for the Mk1 Leon should set you back no more than £40 a pair (delivered) really

Try eBay, but go for some 2nd hand SEAT ones rather than the 'new' aftermarket versions

East london20vT

Oct 9, 2008
east london
Nov 27, 2006
www.cardomain.com
Yours is a Leon Mk1 (pre-facelift I assume) with oval foglamps

The LCR is also a Mk1, but has round foglights... come to think of it, these have the slightly cloudy lenses too

The Altea foglights pictured in the 2nd listing (and I don't know if they're the same as the Mk2 Leon, but they look like they might be) are also round, so I don't think you'd have much luck getting them to fit... let alone look right :confused: