Post your Boot Installs Here!

dasmith83

Formerly "Dave FR PD130"
Jul 1, 2006
Kent
I'm after some inspiration really...jus curious to see some pictures of different installs, so if you have any please post them here.

Thanks

RickC

BUILT NOT BOUGHT
Dec 23, 2004
Lincoln
IMAG0401.jpg

still got to mount the tweeters and add some lights

dasmith83

Formerly "Dave FR PD130"
Jul 1, 2006
Kent
holy c*&p! Thats must be well loud! I used to have a single rocky P3001 amp and 2 12" Apline type S subs, and that was loud enuff!

thanks for the post m8...nice install btw

RickC

BUILT NOT BOUGHT
Dec 23, 2004
Lincoln
holy c*&p! Thats must be well loud! I used to have a single rocky P3001 amp and 2 12" Apline type S subs, and that was loud enuff!

thanks for the post m8...nice install btw

its pretty loud but i like quality not just noise. 1 amp runs the 2 subs the other one runs 4 components and 8 tweeters

dasmith83

Formerly "Dave FR PD130"
Jul 1, 2006
Kent
of course...thats wot i am looking into at present, a set up which will be nice n clear... but at the same time i dont want it to b too costly.

I want to do a subtle install this time around, thus am looking at a single 10", and a mono block...leaving the standard speakers running off an alpine CDE-9850Ri stereo. Don't want anything ott this time.

Can you recommend a good quality but not over priced sub and amp?

Currently i am looking at staying all alpine...e.g. a 10" Alpine Type S sub, and a simple V-Power mono amp (mrp-m350). nothing amazing (and certainly a step down from the last install), but i just want a little bass, which will allow me to cut the bass from the standard speakers. fingers crossed that'l b good enuff

dasmith83

Formerly "Dave FR PD130"
Jul 1, 2006
Kent
the one you did in Becky's leon is the sort of thing im hoping to acheive.

I want to keep as much boot space free as possible, and make it look oem and as tho its standard....ish :lol:

With the side installs, how'd u go about fixing it to the side of the boot? Or is it just a really tight fit?

dasmith83

Formerly "Dave FR PD130"
Jul 1, 2006
Kent
thanks for the pics guys! some nice looking installs there!

Spyke85- i also looked into the stealth box idea, but like you discovered they don't make one for the mk4. But then again at the price they cost, i think iid'v made my own one neway!

at the moment, i'm shamefully thinking of getting a Fli Active 12" sub from local halfords as its only £119, comes with sub, box and amp, and its meant to have 300W RMS (which is the same power as my last install, for a fraction of the cost!)

Has ne1 heard a Fli sub in action? I know they cheap and nasty, but hopefully it won't sound too bad.

If money wasn't an issue, I'd go with a single JL 10W3V2 and the alpine MRD-M605, however i want to keep the price as low as i can.

If any1 has ne suggestions, i'd be grateful to hear them :)

cheers