Pothole

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
Hit a pothole. Cracked the alloy, and popped the tyre.
IMG_1281.jpeg
IMG_1284.jpeg
IMG_1285.jpeg

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
Ouch, have you taken photos of the pothole ? get a claim in.

Glosphil

Nov 10, 2004
Gloucestershire
Good luck with claiming. I live in Gloucestershire & the council are actually proud thry have one of the lowest rates in the country for allowing claims.

Claimed after a pothole bent a wheel & destroyed a tyre. Claim disallowed because "pothole at edge of tarmac and easily avoided". Not on a narrow country road in the face of an approaching full size artic that is hardly slowing down it's not.

Reactions: Mr Pig

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
State of the roads is a pisstake. I have to literally slalom around about 20 potholes on my way to work, as i have 18's and super light alloys on mine. Last time i broke one Team Dynamics had to make me one to a special order in the factory, and i was driving around with one odd wheel for 6 weeks.

Reactions: decker53

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
Good luck with claiming. I live in Gloucestershire & the council are actually proud thry have one of the lowest rates in the country for allowing claims.

Claimed after a pothole bent a wheel & destroyed a tyre. Claim disallowed because "pothole at edge of tarmac and easily avoided". Not on a narrow country road in the face of an approaching full size artic that is hardly slowing down it's not.
Absolutely ridiculous, any excuse to avoid paying

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
So you absolutely can't win !!!!!

Councils say you can swerve to avoid potholes so it is your fault if you hit one.

Police say - Motorists who swerve late could be prosecuted for careless driving, it has been warned, as the scourge of potholes continues to plague UK streets.

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
What we paying road tax for? If councils have to spend so much in compensation for pothole damages, why not just repair the potholes as soon as possible? Prevention is better than cure.

Reactions: Walone and Mo_86

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
What we paying road tax for? If councils have to spend so much in compensation for pothole damages, why not just repair the potholes as soon as possible? Prevention is better than cure.
The very reason they stopped calling it ROAD TAX and re named it VED was so they could just spend the TAX where they want.
They wanted to remove any expectation that the tax would be spent on the road.

Carl Levoir

Jan 2, 2019
They have probably worked out that it is cheaper to pay out the claims, than it is to fix the potholes!

BadBoy03

A Mk1 Is For Life, Not Just For Fun
Sep 6, 2016
Somerset
You'd think!
Councils are a joke, the only expenditure you can guarantee will be their 'pat on the back' bonuses & if you live in the west country, employment for many grown men to use a leaf blower along the roadside. It's a ******* joke.

Feel for you though, that's some really nasty damage.
Last year I tried to get the council to cover my wheel damage from a deep pothole, which was also on a tight bend, but no, they wouldn't have it. They fobbed me off with bullshit, saying it had been inspected & was safe, so basically fk off.
I hope you have better luck mate. 🤞

• Sad
Reactions: H Rafiq

cupra14

Aug 31, 2017
England
Does VED go to the government yet it would be council to fix roads - and councils (a) get less than they used to and (b) are required to do more

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
I only claimed for alloy welding, a new tyre, and the tyre that had popped, as that tyre was only 2 weeks old, brand new. I could’ve been a pr!ck n said I needed a whole new OEM alloy… 👀

Reactions: decker53
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members