Power Loss

Steely

semiskimmed cupra R
Dec 30, 2008
Doncaster
K03s IS NOt a variable vane turbo !

Needle in a haystack mate, it need diagnostics, it could relate to many things, MAF sensor, lambdas, temp sensor, etc,

Even if it doesn't show up a fault code, logging will show some direction to where the fault is.,

Last edited:

Mtech_69

Been back to garage this morning, a fault code has now been registered.
Says there is drop in pressure between turbo and throttle body check DV - garage said needs new N75?
Ans instead of requesting 1.6bar pressure it requets 0.6 bar

ScoobyJawa

Achtung!
Oct 2, 2002
Liphook
Visit site
Its now in limp mode (0.6 bar) which is caused by that fault code.

That usually means you have a leak somewhere in the vacuum or breather piping....

Gonna have to dig around your engine whilst running and the covers off to try and find some hissing? Could be under the inlet manifold or the breather on the top right front of the engine as you look at it - both common issues.....

Mtech_69

New N75 valve fitted and made no difference. I have had a route around and cant find any loose pipes or hear any hissing noises even when revving the car stationary. However when driving there is a noticable noise when the turbo has spooled up. Vag com now vrings up fault drop in pressure between turbo and throttle bosdy check DV but it has a new DV valve so any other suggestions on what to check??

Mtech_69

Thats what i thought but ECU only request 0.6bar boosts and it gets and holds that?

May 13, 2007
Denmark
I had the "pressure between turbo and throttle body check DV" and it was a leak at the right side from the pibe that goes from the left to the right intercooler.

shauncupra

Jun 19, 2007
Norwich,Norfolk
Some other possible causes i can think of that might help out :
1.knackerd fuel pump.
2.fuel pressure regulater fault.
3.Not enough pressure in the fuel rail ( check vac pipe underneath inlet manifold to regulater for splits/breakage)

and i would have to say untill you get it sorted try not to boot it cos by the sounds of it your running VERY lean, and you could seriously damage the engine with that kind of boost with no fuel to match
(although the ecu should pull timing to prevent damage you cant be to careful..)