Power Loss

ScoobyJawa

Achtung!
Oct 2, 2002
Liphook
Visit site
Do you know the history? Sure its not mapped?

Mine hits about 22psi peak, drops to hold about 18 then starts to tail off high in the revs. Logs of mass air intake show about 210bhp using the 1.3x calc....

Mtech_69

we only attributed the fault to a dirty filter as was the original filter and was full of **** so could just be a coincidence

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
we only attributed the fault to a dirty filter as was the original filter and was full of **** so could just be a coincidence

So what was the actual code for the fault? surely you didn't just guess it was the fuel filter without actually seeing what the code was?

Mtech_69

Pretty certain not been mapped as i am second owner and previous owner was older lady. Performance before fault started would suggest that it completly standard not even got induction kit.
When problem first started i tried putting forge DV on as know standard ones fail but Seat told me that it kept throwing up faults so had to put standard DV back on!

Mtech_69

not sure what actual fault code was (this only happend once) but been tested numerous times and done numerous runs with vag com and never brings up any fault codes.

Mtech_69

Forge DV was supposedly throwing up a fault but standard on didn't!!

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
I've not heard of anyone having problems with that valve only the splitr.

Its excatly the same as the standard valve as far as operation is concerned.

With your vagcom logs have you checked the air flow readings and the N75 performance? I don't really know anything about these to be honest but its what I'd check if I had these problems. [log and post here for advice]

I'm not sure what would cause the ECU to request 1.6 bar and meet it if its not mapped? surely if something was that far out it would hit limp mode of only 6psi?

Why did the garage mess about with the actuator to start with? was there a problem with it?

Mtech_69

I am not sure why Seat garage played around with wastegate. I have owned that car for 16 months and been in garage 12 times. Seat garage had to replace throttle body and then couples months later the problems started.

Mtech_69

Will free version of vagcom from ross tech allow me to do data logging? If im running vista which version would i need and where is best place to get lead from?

mark1231

Sep 29, 2009
variable vain system on turbo is sticking engine light will not come on with this fault remove turbo and clean all carbon off the the control ring ok

Mtech_69

is it easy to remove turbo? Would this cause it to request the additional boost?

mark1231

Sep 29, 2009
turbo sticking at full boost but when you let off the turbo is at full boost setting giving 2500 mb of pressure and will give overboost condition just scan with vag scanner no light engine light will come on but will give this fault ok

Mtech_69

turbo sticking at full boost but when you let off the turbo is at full boost setting giving 2500 mb of pressure and will give overboost condition just scan with vag scanner no light engine light will come on but will give this fault ok

Its been scanned with both vag com and by Seat garage and they found nothing. Do you have a pic of which part of the turbo is sticking and needs cleaning? Thanks

Mtech_69

Thanks mark. This might be a stupid question but why does it not effect the lower gears? as drives almost normally in 1st, 2d 3rd gears?

mark1231

Sep 29, 2009
just floor it in 2nd to max you should get no response from the throttle and go to limp mode this is a fault of turbo overboost if you turn off and on and it will be ok again let me know what you find

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.