Powerflex Bushes

cuprabaz

Racing 2020VT
Jun 22, 2004
Aberdeenshire
i'm wanting to replace all my suspension bushes for powerflex ones. All the sites i've looked on say that the mk3 golf are the ones i want. 2 of the bushes list 2 part numbers so i need confimation.

Front Wishbone Inner Bush (front) x 2 PFF85-201
Front Wishbone Inner Bush (rear) x 2 PFF85-203 ???
Front Wishbone Inner Bush (rear) x 2 PFF85-204 ???
Front Anti Roll Bar Mount x 2 PFF85-205
Front Eye Bolt Mount x 2 PFF85-208
Front Anti Roll Bar Eye Bolt Bush x 2 PFF85-209
Front Subframe Mounts x 4 PFF85-250
Rear Beam Mounting Bush x 2 PFF85-206????
Rear Beam Mounting Bush x 2 PFF85-207???

cheers

Barry

RobT

Full throttle trip
Nov 30, 2001
Congleton
rear beam is not Mk3 golf - these wont fit - you need Polo 4 and as far as I know powerflex dont do them

front end is essentially mk3 golf - the rear front wishbone bush needs to be 4 stud Mk3 golf - the 5 stud mk3 golf ones dont fit right (this is because the ibiza has Mk2 golf / 4 stud mk3 golf wishbones with a mk3 golf subframe)

front front wishbone bush is Mk3 golf all

doing the front subframe bushes on my ibiza this weekend, picking em up today - the old ones were not easy to get off

cheers

rob

cuprabaz

Racing 2020VT
Jun 22, 2004
Aberdeenshire
cheers Rob

Polo mk4 is that 6N or 6N2?

These are fine
Front Wishbone Inner Bush (front) x 2 PFF85-201
Front Anti Roll Bar Mount x 2 PFF85-205
Front Eye Bolt Mount x 2 PFF85-208
Front Anti Roll Bar Eye Bolt Bush x 2 PFF85-209
Front Subframe Mounts x 4 PFF85-250

These aren't, does anyone know which ones are the correct bushes, these are for a mk3 golf but i can't find anything to say wheather or not they are 4 or 5 stud.
Front Wishbone Inner Bush (rear) x 2 PFF85-203 ???
Front Wishbone Inner Bush (rear) x 2 PFF85-204 ???

RobT

Full throttle trip
Nov 30, 2001
Congleton
there are no polo bits you need - the only bits that are polo-specific are rear beam bushes and powerflex dont do them

cuprabaz

Racing 2020VT
Jun 22, 2004
Aberdeenshire
I know powerflex don't do them, do you know who does do the polo rear beam bushes?

And do you know if it's 6N or 6N2 that would be required.

thanks

Addo

I've been thinking of doing this to i reackon bill has already done this so i'll ask him for the part numbers ect....

How the car running anyways?

RobT

Full throttle trip
Nov 30, 2001
Congleton
Addo said:
I've been thinking of doing this to i reackon bill has already done this so i'll ask him for the part numbers ect....

yeh I would, as no-one else knows anything about ibiza's on here and all of the above is just made up....:think:

Addo

RobT said:
yeh I would, as no-one else knows anything about ibiza's on here and all of the above is just made up....:think:

I think thats a bit over the top! The reason i'll ask bill is because his ibiza is used soley as a track car and road cars wouldn't rarely need to upgrade existing.

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Addo said:
I think thats a bit over the top! The reason i'll ask bill is because his ibiza is used soley as a track car and road cars wouldn't rarely need to upgrade existing.

thing is Adam..
RobT knows more than me in this respect.

He's a very thorough research god.... and also has a very fast competition ibiza.

Note: having been all over my rear arches these last few days/week I have noticed the bottom OS rear shock bolt (the nut on the inside) has touched and rubbed the inner wing! The static gap is like 10mm or more away...

:blink: :think:

Now thats some serious deflection!

RobT

Full throttle trip
Nov 30, 2001
Congleton
thats weird (interesting though) - most circuit bends are right handers (with a few notable exceptions) - we can assume the wheels/axle stays on the road and when going fast round a bend, the body of the car is going to move out to the left (NS) - that would push the NS bolt onto the chassis not the OS (which should get more clearance if anything)....? any marks on the NS ?

tales like this only further fuel project VR6 rear axle.....the ibiza rear end is very weedy cf. golf 2 and 3.....but with a bit of crossbracing and some lumps of nylon seems good enough for rallycross so maybe it is upto some stick...

Last edited:

Addo

Well i hope we get a bit further re: polypushes as i've never fitted them.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.