Premium Fuel, Millers, The World and everything....

skullmunki

Ding Ding Round 2!!!
Nov 12, 2006
nothing wrong with that mate....you were experimenting! Will be interesting to see what you get with normal diesel and millers.

as for people not being able to get shell extra....you cant get anything less at shell garages around here, didn't realise there was a "normal" deisel (ie not extra)!?! odd.

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
Maybe using it in std diesel is its true forte and best use. My conclusion so far is that it doesn't do anything much in V-Power fuel
I suspect you're right there - and it should be the most cost-effective combination.

orangesprout

Cheeky !!
Apr 10, 2003
Dodge City, North East
Visit site
i've started using V power on top od a std dose of two shots of millers per tank.

I think car has more get up and go then std shell extra. I'm a sad b'stard who won't buy supermarket fuel and sticks to Shell.

I do about 400miles a week and do agree with the comment about the car adapting. If you drive hard the car plays hard. If you drive like miss Daisy (not duke!!) the car will too. Apparently the car re0thinks every 500Km (300miles) the same time it updates my DIS service indicator.

So. Placebo if you want it to be. I'm getting same mpg but do think it's running better.

Jace

Sneaker Freaker
I found it to have a little extra "umph" in my old PD150, which was running a jabba map too. I only ever used sainsbury derv or BP Ultimate in her

For me it was more about its "Cleaning" qualities, & also I believe it lubes the fuel pump ?

I've yet to try it in the FR, but I have a bottle of sport sat in the boot ready for the next fill up, she have done 1k then too, so a little looser......

S3 AKR

livin' the dream!!!
Jun 30, 2004
Colchester, Essex
Last Update............

...... I have now run a tank of std shell diesel through and two tanks of std diesel with Millers (1 x single dose, 1 x double dose).

I'm really chuffed to be finally feeling the benefit of the Millers. It feels pretty much the same as the Shell V-Power. I'd say the V-Power is smoother but for power the Millers is its equal in a single dose and better in a double dose.

My final conclusions now are that I will probably run Millers on Std diesel but only with a single dose. It gives me what I want from that, although its a shame that it doesn't feel as smooth. It works out a couple of quid a tank cheaper to use the Millers than V-Power.

MPG in my view is not really altered by more than maybe 1 or 2 MPG if you're lucky. I wouldn't bank on getting any MPG result but for the power alone its worth using.

Lastly - my testing is really for myself more than anything and is only judged against my commute in my car under my driving style and preferences. It might be that you have a totally different experience but for me, over the last 3600 miles of this test sequence I have my answers and shared it with you so that you can make your own conclusions over what you've read. Hopefully it'll be of some help to you to see my real world experience.

Just one more thing..... has anyone noticed that the Shell pumps dispense faster on V-Power pumps than the std Diesel pumps. (I'm on a major role of sad b'stard observations at the mo'. I'll put it down to approaching mid-life crisis!):doh:

dmjw01

Upstanding Member
Jul 28, 2005
Woking, UK
www.dmjwilliams.co.uk
has anyone noticed that the Shell pumps dispense faster on V-Power pumps than the std Diesel pumps.
I hadn't noticed that, but I have noticed that the handles of the BP Ultimate Diesel nozzles are much less stinky than the handles on the standard diesel nozzles. Are Ultimate users more careful to avoid dribbling it everywhere? :)

timmahhhhhh

Apr 29, 2007
Leamington Spa
And as v-power derv is relatively new are the pumps in better nick and more modern and faster thatn the standard pumps.

We really are heading deep into the realms of sad *******s!!

L7 KVV

mALTEAser
Aug 27, 2007
when another person n the other side of the pump uses the same fuel as you, the speed slows. (had petrol cars for years so noticed regularly)

Probably no one else will spend the extra for the v-power

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
I hadn't noticed that, but I have noticed that the handles of the BP Ultimate Diesel nozzles are much less stinky than the handles on the standard diesel nozzles. Are Ultimate users more careful to avoid dribbling it everywhere? :)
More likely because your average van or truck driver doesn't use Ultimate...and not many car drivers come to that.

Thierry

I think that putting additives in each tank helps with MPG, I always forget to add the stuff unfortunately.

As for using premium diesel, I don't think it's worth the extra cost. I just stick to Shell standard as the BP standard is about 5p/litre more around here

Dave H

Mar 12, 2007
Perth, Scotland
I have just read the post while I am doing some hobby work. The question I have now is whether V Power Diesel is better than Diesel Extra + regular dose of Millers on the economy and performance. My hobby continues testing fuel, but will take the conclussion of V Power + Millers being non-beneficial.

Millers Diesel Sport costs approximately £12.99 and regular dose equates to 10 tanks (additional £1.30 per tank)
The extra 5-6p for one litre of V Power Diesel adds approximately £2 a tank.

The test is on mileage and performance now. I am on the current thinking that Diesel Extra + Millers provides same performance as V Power + Millers. (I have not used V Power on its own) Time will tell....

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.