prices??

sionowz

Jan 28, 2007
cardiff
hey guys...I'm thinking of getting the following done on my mk2 cupra 8v...can anyone tell me where I could get it done near cardiff and how much i'd be looking to spend.....-
> cam + engine re-map
> tint windows
> paint splitters + skirts (might attempt this myself)
cheers all!!!:D

jcs356

Cordy owner
Jul 12, 2004
Englandland
AmD was (prior to the change in ownership) £399 for a remap. But I reckon that was pricey and it would now have to be done in Essex so not handy for Cardiff.

I gather TSR in Bridgewater is back up and running again. Their website is out of date http://www.tsr-performance.com/default1.asp but might be worth researching who is now in control (someone said it was the garage next door took it over) and who is still working there.

TSR used to have a good reputation for cams and tuning n/a engines.

Jun 28, 2001
if your going to get them painted then dont do it ure self, they need plastic primer first, to allow the primer to stick then the paint and then the laquer, otherwise it will flake off.
they do look good once they are done much better than the black.

Czechboy

Tarmac terrorist
Apr 14, 2005
Hampshire
Getting the tints done depends on who does them for you. I got mine done for £100 but that's because the tinter had a special Xmas offer on at the time. But usually you can get them done professionally around the £150 mark.

codell

Seat Track Slag
Dec 12, 2006
s.wales
a good friend of mine owns a tinting company in pontypridd, i'm sure he would sort you out a good price!!! its only 2 mins from my house if you wanted me to meet you and take you up there?

sionowz

Jan 28, 2007
cardiff
hey mate...that would be awsome.do you happen to know what the price would be? I need to save abit more cash but if I could pm you when iv got it that would be awsome.
cheers

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.