Problem with locking & my funny story!

b_wain

Dec 28, 2007
Lately my drivers door sometimes wont lock or unlock with the key fob, all other doors are fine and open when i press the open or lock button.

Well on sunday i was at asda petrol station and when i took the key out of the ignition the doors normally unlock automatically but the drivers door remained locked. This was not good so me being a bit dumb rather than climbing out of the passenger door i put the window down and used me key in the door to unlock from the out side.....not good, the auto lock put the window back up leaving me trapped in me car with the keys out side and no way out (horn, windows and unlock from inside all never worked) haha. Had to bang on the window to get some one to come let me out :D.

Any ways Im guessing its the drivers locking module but not 100% sure. Its only the drivers door with the problem so can see it being a problem with the whole central locking system. Got the part number for the module 1C0959802 but its a bit expensive from the seat dealer at £170 + Vat....

Any one know if this sounds like it is the problem and if i could get one any cheaper?

Faisal

UK's 1st Liquid Yello LCR
May 27, 2008
Most likely at work
hahahahahahahah love your story lmao:cartman::cartman::cartman:

i had a similar issue with my door lock,i disconnected my battery for 10 mins and it worked.

alternatively iv heard that it could be the solenoid thats gone,which isnt expensive

b_wain

Dec 28, 2007
still doig it but a lot more often, looks like im gonna have to fork out the dealers price for the locking module :(

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members