Problem with MK4 Ibiza Radio..

proudibizaowner

I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but I've just got the standard radio installed in my MK4 Seat Ibiza, and when I'm driving along, the sound quality goes from nice and clear and sharp to muffled and quiet. I think it just happens on the drivers side, in the front speaker, but I'm not sure as obviously that's the only side of the car I sit on.

I went into Halfords yesterday and asked them what they think it is, and they seem to think it might be a wiring problem, although they didn't actually check. If anyone else has the same problem pls let me know.

Cheers :funk:

joe_ibiza

have you tried switching off the speakers on your side and seeing if it still does it?

spykeuk

hey, i some times get quite bad radio interference, i dont know if that is what ur getting but i do think the reception is poor on my mk4 radio

Adam8747

Apr 13, 2008
Newcastle / Norwich
I had this problem. took the car to the dealers because the paint on the drivers door was all orange peeled and found out it had been smacked in the door before i bought it and they hadnt bothered sorting all the damage... turned out to be a dodgy connection in the door grommit

Mar 16, 2008
Wiltshire / Bristol
I have the same thing with my passenger side speaker. Also happend on my mk3 - turned out to be a hole in the plastic lining behind the door card which let the water get in to the cardboard cone of the speaker and so it went all soggy. Been meaning to take the door card off to check it hasnt happend to this one aswell!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.