Problem With Radio

Adam R

Diesel ISN'T a Dirty word
Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
i have the opposite! when my key is in the ignition and on the position before you start the car, my lower set of lights on my fan and climate control flicker!

big ric

Show us ya tats
Sep 3, 2007
Manchester
a guy at seat told me this waz a loose wiring problem behind the dash and it wasnt commen? he said that its just a block connecter that has loosened!!!!!!:shrug:

Riko

MURDER WAGON
Jun 10, 2007
Milton Keynes
Bloody annoying this problem! I have to take the fuse out everytime im out the car as I risk having a flat batt in the morning. The Screen lights up randomly then starts having a lil disco light display to itself. It seems to turn itself on more when theres a bit of moisture in the air i.e. after its been raining, or these damp frosty mornings. Has any1 actually sloved this without Seat replacing the whole unit which is all they seem to offer??

RichN

Collecting Rings
Jan 29, 2005
Oxford
www.Oxford7s.net
I gotta ask even though it's so basic - i assume you have all removed the radio face (2 screws in bottom corners) and checked carefully that the ribbon cable connecting the face-panel to the main radio body is definately firmly connected ?

Failing that, there is a sticky, or note, on here somewhere about a company who will repair the main radio for you. They're the same company used by Seat but it's quicker and far cheaper to approach them direct.

pontiac_andy

Sep 28, 2007
good-times.webshots.com
thanks for that rich,yes i have checked the ribbon and thats fine,this company still has not been in touch.
i used to work at a company that has got a scrap yard,they had two ibiza in with radio panels but panel has got the AC button i tryed it and the panel stopped flashing,
so it looks like i might need a panel without the AC buttom very hard to find

RichN

Collecting Rings
Jan 29, 2005
Oxford
www.Oxford7s.net
That makes it sound like your problem is to do with the front panel, not the radio itself. I assume your car has no AC then, as without the button you won't be able to use it! I'd say you need to find a mate with an Ibiza and swap front panels. Like for like, no extra complications "with or without AC buttons".

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.