Problems with ICE power

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
Hi guys.

Well after my Pioneer headunit broke, I bought a new headunit. A BEAT 725. Fitted it all in (no wiring instructions with the unit) but plugged it all in and it worked. For about 15 mins. Now it's stuck in the open position with my cd inside. Tried EVERYTHING to get it to work. RESET button, unplugged it all, checked all fuses and all is fine.

Went to put my Pioneer headunit back in, plugged it all in and that one doesnt work now either. At all.

There's live from the yellow. But not from the red. No fuses are blown. Any ideas guys? There's no live from the car, yet everything else works apart from the headunit. I'm seriously confused and to say the least, extremely pi55ed off.

Poverty

Hi guys.

Well after my Pioneer headunit broke, I bought a new headunit. A BEAT 725. Fitted it all in (no wiring instructions with the unit) but plugged it all in and it worked. For about 15 mins. Now it's stuck in the open position with my cd inside. Tried EVERYTHING to get it to work. RESET button, unplugged it all, checked all fuses and all is fine.

Went to put my Pioneer headunit back in, plugged it all in and that one doesnt work now either. At all.

There's live from the yellow. But not from the red. No fuses are blown. Any ideas guys? There's no live from the car, yet everything else works apart from the headunit. I'm seriously confused and to say the least, extremely pi55ed off.

you blew a fuse.

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
Hi guys.

you blew a fuse.

Oh yeh - so I did. I didn't check the fuses or anything..... :censored:[:@]:rolleyes:

I went to an auto electrician and they said it's a common thing on the VAG cars. Cos my central locking doesnt work right now either, basically when you've been driving and and you take the key out the ignition, it doesnt unlock the drivers door like it should. and it's just a permanent live to the radio, it's not controlled on/off by the ignition like it should be.

apparently it needs to be reset by computer or something. Sending the BEAT radio back and getting my money back. It didn't seem right when it did work. Will get my Pioneer one repaired and see what happens.

Mar 16, 2008
Wiltshire / Bristol
I had the same thing when I fitted a new radio to my old polo. Turned out it had melted a switch in the ignition as it drew too much power. It can only handle a few hundred milliamps apparently and some radion draw a lot more than that on the switched live.

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
I had the same thing when I fitted a new radio to my old polo. Turned out it had melted a switch in the ignition as it drew too much power. It can only handle a few hundred milliamps apparently and some radion draw a lot more than that on the switched live.

Much work/cost to replace?

george130

Mar 6, 2008
Norfolk
Just to add... I had the problem with my door not locking/unlocking properly when I first installed my headunit, which was because of the yellow/red wire not being swapped. Once they were swapped it was fine... maybe I was just lucky :/

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
Just to add... I had the problem with my door not locking/unlocking properly when I first installed my headunit, which was because of the yellow/red wire not being swapped. Once they were swapped it was fine... maybe I was just lucky :/

I didn't have any problems when I first fitted my Pioneer headunit! That was just plug and play and worked lovely. This other one has caused no end of problems! :cry:

Poverty

Oh yeh - so I did. I didn't check the fuses or anything..... :censored:[:@]:rolleyes:

I went to an auto electrician and they said it's a common thing on the VAG cars. Cos my central locking doesnt work right now either, basically when you've been driving and and you take the key out the ignition, it doesnt unlock the drivers door like it should. and it's just a permanent live to the radio, it's not controlled on/off by the ignition like it should be.

apparently it needs to be reset by computer or something. Sending the BEAT radio back and getting my money back. It didn't seem right when it did work. Will get my Pioneer one repaired and see what happens.

It happened to my mates focus. Checked all the fuses under the hood, they were fine and we were baffled. He took the car to ford, and they said it was a fuse, changed it and all was well........ :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise