programming immobiliser/key fob

TINCAN

Mar 27, 2006
MK
is the immobiliser 'chip' not the glass tube part ... not sure what the 'small magnet bit is maybe need a closer look then

So i am replacing the fob but using the old key.... do i jsut remove this chip part and program the rest as per the book?.... Bascially the old key fob is splitting so needs a nice shiny new fob... if its that easy ill just take out the old chip insert into new and thats it..... is the glass tube the part ...

Copra

Used To Be "mk4polo"
Feb 7, 2003
Hampshire
Visit site
oh yes it could well be. what age is the car?
where was this bit located? down by the base of the key? if so then yes it iss the immob bit :)

TINCAN

Mar 27, 2006
MK
its a 52 plate, glass tube is near the key base, so would bascially stay with the key and the 'U' shaped piece of plastic at the base of the key. The piece then plugs onto the new key fob part

Last edited:

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
immobiliser 'bit' is either a small glass tube or a black chip

both very small

if you are adding a new key and have no use for say a 'spare one' simply add the chip from the 'working' key to the new one and no program required

however if you have a complete new key to be added on its own it will need reprogramming

TINCAN

Mar 27, 2006
MK
yeeee haaaa so all i will need to do is set up the central locking bit by following the instructions in the manual?

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
TINCAN said:
yeeee haaaa so all i will need to do is set up the central locking bit by following the instructions in the manual?

pretty much ye

what car is it ?

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
drop me an email and ill forward on the list i sent somone last week for programming the remote bit

TINCAN

Mar 27, 2006
MK
Nice one Flapper... gave it a try this morning and sorted the central locking, alarm within two minutes following your advice..... then checked that it would start and all okay...

Thanks mate saved me a fortune :D

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.