PS4 GT Sport on line racing

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Any of you lot use a PS4 to race GT sport?
Fancy a little friendly racing?
Thought we could start a few lobbies for friends on here and have a few races to pass the lock down time.
If anyone is up for it, post a reply.
If we get a few of us, we should link up.
If you’re an X box player driving Forza jog on

Badger5 Custom Map + TIP,
3”Custom exhaust, FMIC, Bosh 550’s, BC Coilovers, ARB’s +loads more.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Having been a die hard GT fan for most of my life, despite every new version getting less and less, this one was the final straw to make me be more a Forza fan (had all of those too).

However anyone who makes a blanket statement that Forza 7 is better than GT Sport, or vice versa, clearly hasn't spent any amount of time with both.

Forza 7 is probably the better package as a game, GT Sport the better driving simulator for realism on not just how the car drives but also how the other cars look in corners (suspension movements etc.). Graphics wise comparing Xbox X with PS4 Pro, have to say I do prefer the 'softer' look of GT Sport on the Pro. BUT the draw distances are pretty poor if you're on a long straight catching other cars up when and I do notice some crappy artefacts at times (in game). The graphics on the X are just so sharp, but I think a softer focus would help 'the look' of it a lot, but I think they've gone for more focus on 4K pixel count and 60fps.

GT Sport is very very good, sadly though its not got enough car variety to make me want to start paying for PlayStation Plus on top of Xbox Live. Half the fun for me is driving different cars, setting them up, tweaking them with power vs weight etc. GT Sport sadly doesn't have any of that.

Really hope they up their game for the next class of consoles, as GT SHOULD be better than Forza. We all know it.

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Having been a die hard GT fan for most of my life, despite every new version getting less and less, this one was the final straw to make me be more a Forza fan (had all of those too).

However anyone who makes a blanket statement that Forza 7 is better than GT Sport, or vice versa, clearly hasn't spent any amount of time with both.

Forza 7 is probably the better package as a game, GT Sport the better driving simulator for realism on not just how the car drives but also how the other cars look in corners (suspension movements etc.). Graphics wise comparing Xbox X with PS4 Pro, have to say I do prefer the 'softer' look of GT Sport on the Pro. BUT the draw distances are pretty poor if you're on a long straight catching other cars up when and I do notice some crappy artefacts at times (in game). The graphics on the X are just so sharp, but I think a softer focus would help 'the look' of it a lot, but I think they've gone for more focus on 4K pixel count and 60fps.

GT Sport is very very good, sadly though its not got enough car variety to make me want to start paying for PlayStation Plus on top of Xbox Live. Half the fun for me is driving different cars, setting them up, tweaking them with power vs weight etc. GT Sport sadly doesn't have any of that.

Really hope they up their game for the next class of consoles, as GT SHOULD be better than Forza. We all know it.

Yup
Not played much Forza
Gt sport has plenty of tuning. Down to diffs and gear ratios if you want to go that deep.
Full suspension changes from rebound to camber toe etc.
Ride height.
Weight saving and engine tunes.
Cars, there seem to be a fair cross section through the ranks.
Pick ups to LMP 1’s plus all the vision cars.
I have 180 odd cars in my garage already. Most drive with slightly different characteristics.
They add real tracks and cars most months too.
Maybe you should look again ?
Although as you say to pay for both isn’t really value for money.
Saying that I just signed up for 12 months.
It’s £4.17 per month so less than 2 coffees a month on the high street. If we were allowed out there that is.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Yup
Not played much Forza
Gt sport has plenty of tuning. Down to diffs and gear ratios if you want to go that deep.
Full suspension changes from rebound to camber toe etc.
Ride height.
Weight saving and engine tunes.
Cars, there seem to be a fair cross section through the ranks.
Pick ups to LMP 1’s plus all the vision cars.
I have 180 odd cars in my garage already. Most drive with slightly different characteristics.
They add real tracks and cars most months too.
Maybe you should look again ?
Although as you say to pay for both isn’t really value for money.
Saying that I just signed up for 12 months.
It’s £4.17 per month so less than 2 coffees a month on the high street. If we were allowed out there that is.

I've only bought GT Sport last week, got it for £15, so for the money its not too bad. I'm just working my way through it now. Just can't see me going as far as going online with it that's all.

Obviously Forza has all the ability to adjust the suspension, diff etc, but its the way you buy the bits for the car that for me is a little more involving. The car is ranked based on its performance level. So as I was doing last week, we'd race the same car, each tuned to say class C500. But where I go for strip out as much weight as possible and improve handling and braking before power, the other person just added as much power to take them to C500. Needless to say he left me on the straights but then I battered him in the twisties.

Both good games in their own right, but wouldn't of been happy paying full price if it had less cars and tracks at start. Hope the PS5 ups the game a bit.

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
The real gameplay is online. They don’t write new code for the one player platform.
It’s all related to online racing.
Off line it becomes a bit same same same, if you repeat the same tracks often.
Cars seem to be in the same spots on track a lot of the time etc.
Not enough of a challenge even in pro mode.

Reactions: BadBoy03
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.