Question about Wolfgang Sealant

matylad

Nov 24, 2005
Crewe, Cheshire
Hi all,

Used this last weekend on my met black Leon, pretty impressed with the results. Is there any need to put a couple of layers of this on? Or am i best just topping it with wax every couple of weeks??

Thanks in advance,

Matt.

FinerDetails

Official SCN Supporter
Hi Matt

the wolfgang is a very durable selant, if you wish to layer it after the next wash do so.

If you find its so durable you feel that you need your car cleaning fix apply a layer of wax on top. Remember tho, you are applying the wax to compliement the sealant so technique is important. Apply the wax north sout, then east west, haze/wipe off. (NO buffing!!!!!)

If you need advice on waxes shout! just let me know how often you want to wax ;-)

eg: Pinnacle Souveran (£40) lasts approx two/three weeks.
Natty's Blue (£15 approx) monthly
P21s (£15) monthly
DP wax (£15 approx) monthly.

regards

Iain

PS: I use souveran for occations requiring max wetness and shine, and DP inbetween for increased durability

Last edited:

matylad

Nov 24, 2005
Crewe, Cheshire
Thanks for the advice Iain!

Iv got some Harly wax which i bought a while ago, have you any experience with this it seems quite good. Would this be ok over the top of the sealant?

Thanks again,

Matt.

matylad

Nov 24, 2005
Crewe, Cheshire
Thanks for the priceless advice Iain i'll give it another coat of the sealant over the weekend, then a wax in a few weeks. The neighbours are beginning to think obsessed......oh wait i am!! :help:

Thanks again,

Matt.

FinerDetails

Official SCN Supporter
welcome to the world of OCD..... you'd be amazed how many of my detailing customers are relieved to find they are not alone and I see a look of relief when they see all my detailing supplies and set up lol!

Just bought a bottle of Wolfgang sealant, its four times the size of the normal bottle! And I have enough clay bars to make a wax version of Michael jackson!

MarkE

Acceptable in the 80s
Jul 20, 2003
Lancaster
www.markeaston.org
Bought some Wolfgang sealant last week to see how I got on with it. Washed the car yesterday and dried it off, came back early this morning and applied the sealant to the bonnet and roof while it was still cool.

:blink:

:funk:

:drool:

This stuff is seriously impressive - I know it's been said before but the ease with which it comes off and the finish it gives are unbelievable. My neighbours must have wondered why I had a daft grin on my face when I was wiping off (the car:whistle: )

Felt a bit sorry for my bottle of Klasse SG so I used it to give the alloys a coat. :)

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.