Questions about SEAT LEON 1.9 81kw ASV

Oct 12, 2022
Hello!

Does somebody have connections with SEAT LEON ASV, (please if you have, then give all pros and cons).

Does somebody know where I can find like list or log of connecting transmission gearbox connections, differentials. Size, length, holes etc... (planing to swap 5 speed to 6 speed using Audi gearbox, IDK is this good or not, who knows more, please free to speak…).

Best wishes,
-kusti

Oct 12, 2022
Hello!

Does somebody have connections with SEAT LEON ASV, (please if you have, then give all pros and cons).

Does somebody know where I can find like list or log of connecting transmission gearbox connections, differentials. Size, length, holes etc... (planing to swap 5 speed to 6 speed using Audi gearbox, IDK is this good or not, who knows more, please free to speak…).

Best wishes,
-kusti
Also, who knows different gearbox would fit perfectly then I would use ŠKODA, WV,

MoToJoJo

Mar 25, 2014
Northants
Any 02M gearbox from any VW/Audi/SEAT/Skoda should fit, the big deal are the ratios which you can find out from the gearbox code.

Actual swap shouldn't be difficult, gearbox mount, driveshafts, double check the actual shift mechanism but I think all diesels came with the cable shifters.

There's not a lot of difference between the diesel engines (you can fit the PD crank into a CR engine and vice versa with little trouble).

Oct 12, 2022
Any 02M gearbox from any VW/Audi/SEAT/Skoda should fit, the big deal are the ratios which you can find out from the gearbox code.

Actual swap shouldn't be difficult, gearbox mount, driveshafts, double check the actual shift mechanism but I think all diesels came with the cable shifters.

There's not a lot of difference between the diesel engines (you can fit the PD crank into a CR engine and vice versa with little trouble).
OK, thanks for info.

I only can find out when I have both gearboxes into floor? ( test fit ) Because I don't know, would I get info from AutoData or not?

Maybe you know, maybe you don't. If I take AUDI A3 Quarto rear/front axle bridge and put to SEAT would it work or not, just curious.

MoToJoJo

Mar 25, 2014
Northants
OK, thanks for info.

I only can find out when I have both gearboxes into floor? ( test fit ) Because I don't know, would I get info from AutoData or not?

Maybe you know, maybe you don't. If I take AUDI A3 Quarto rear/front axle bridge and put to SEAT would it work or not, just curious.

There's a flat surface on the gearbox with the three letter code on it, can't remember where but you can find it with the box in the car. Search the internet to tell you what that code means with ratios. You don't want petrol ratios on a diesel

As for the quattro (Haldex) junction thing, unless it's going into an existing 4wd system then no it won't work.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.