Questions b4 Buying

GhostyJHH

Apr 27, 2021
Hi,

Joined to ask afew questions b4 purchase as i could not find info anywhere, including youtube which is odd.

So im considering either a v2 or vz2 ehybrid dsg, So here are questions

1, are both front seats electric (im aware the drivers has memory function) as there is no mention anywhere that the passenger seat is electric,

2, is it only the vz2 that has the electric tailgate,

3, are the cupra/start button on the steering wheels options (similar to mercedes) as i dont want these on the wheel,

4, is the reverse camera hidden when not in use

5, does it have driver profiles for audio, nav, dash, climate etc,

6, i know carplay can run wireless, what about android auto (some reviews say it is others dont even mention it)

Sorry for the newbie questions, i have found a lease deal (for either) im happy with it will be white and have the pan roof.

Ghosty

AndyCupra93

Apr 21, 2021
Reverse camera is not hidden when unused, however it’s cleaned by its own spray jet when you activate the rear window cleaner if that’s what you’re concerned about.

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
1. Only driver seat is electric. Passenger is manual.

2. At the moment only VZ2, V2 lost it from spec in January.

3. They are standard with vz2 for sure and I think not there on V2.

4. No, it's under the boot lid, always visible. It doesn't hide under the rear logo as in some cars.

5. There are users, but I'm not sure if Cupra ID user can be attached to key and customised.

6. Yes, AA is wireless in UK models. It runs from my Samsung S9 phone ok. Some reviews may say it doesn't work, because certain countries are blocking it.

GhostyJHH

Apr 27, 2021
Reverse camera is not hidden when unused, however it’s cleaned by its own spray jet when you activate the rear window cleaner if that’s what you’re concerned about.
No i used to drive an a class (66 reg) and a c class (68 reg) both of those hid themselves when not being used. Was a fun when people follow to close you could press rear cam button and put it on show people soon backed off when they think its recording them

Reactions: jcbmally

GhostyJHH

Apr 27, 2021
1. Only driver seat is electric. Passenger is manual.

2. At the moment only VZ2, V2 lost it from spec in January.

3. They are standard with vz2 for sure and I think not there on V2.

4. No, it's under the boot lid, always visible. It doesn't hide under the rear logo as in some cars.

5. There are users, but I'm not sure if Cupra ID user can be attached to key and customised.

6. Yes, AA is wireless in UK models. It runs from my Samsung S9 phone ok. Some reviews may say it doesn't work, because certain countries are blocking it.
Thanks for the very complete answers, looks like i need to work out which is more important, and of course does the price justify said feature.

Hi,

Joined to ask afew questions b4 purchase as i could not find info anywhere, including youtube which is odd.

So im considering either a v2 or vz2 ehybrid dsg, So here are questions

1, are both front seats electric (im aware the drivers has memory function) as there is no mention anywhere that the passenger seat is electric,

2, is it only the vz2 that has the electric tailgate,

3, are the cupra/start button on the steering wheels options (similar to mercedes) as i dont want these on the wheel,

4, is the reverse camera hidden when not in use

5, does it have driver profiles for audio, nav, dash, climate etc,

6, i know carplay can run wireless, what about android auto (some reviews say it is others dont even mention it)

Sorry for the newbie questions, i have found a lease deal (for either) im happy with it will be white and have the pan roof.

Ghosty
Wireless android auto is possible on cars built from 22/11/2020. My car was built on 15/11/2020 so pretty disappointed 💩

GhostyJHH

Apr 27, 2021
i have a few more questions

1, do you have to turn on hill hold thing (on my a class it was on by default so button dissabled it, on my ioniq its the other way round)

2, do the parking sensors come on automatically at a set speed (again a class was below 15mph, ioniq i gave to turn them on except when reversing)

I think i will be leasing a vz2 ehybrid 245 in white with sunroof, i do like the petrol blue matte but i know from experience matte cars are a pita to keep clean and every little scratch shows also it puts the lease price way out of what i can afford.

Wattser

Jan 30, 2021
i have a few more questions

1, do you have to turn on hill hold thing (on my a class it was on by default so button dissabled it, on my ioniq its the other way round)

2, do the parking sensors come on automatically at a set speed (again a class was below 15mph, ioniq i gave to turn them on except when reversing)

I think i will be leasing a vz2 ehybrid 245 in white with sunroof, i do like the petrol blue matte but i know from experience matte cars are a pita to keep clean and every little scratch shows also it puts the lease price way out of what i can afford.
1) nope, its on by default.
2) I am not sure of the exact speed, but they detect when parking :)

GhostyJHH

Apr 27, 2021
1) nope, its on by default.
2) I am not sure of the exact speed, but they detect when parking :)
Awesome, cuz i personally like them as on by default (button to disable) i actually asked hyundai if the software could be switched to make it work that way, but they said its a power saving measure so nope

Reactions: Wattser

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
This is my first automatic car, but I really like hill hold / automatic handbrake in Formentor. It's pretty smooth when going again, no jerky motion and makes stop and go traffic in any circumstance really easy.

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
Hill hold is automatic. There's also auto hold function, to keep your brake on, similar to Mercedes Hold. This can be switched on and off.

AndyCupra93

Apr 21, 2021
The only time it can be annoying is when doing tight manoeuvres, auto hold coupled with the DSG box can be jerky - but that’s the same across all VAG (and probably other manufacturers) with DSG.

I personally like that the brake automatically applies, especially when parking you can simply press Stop/Start button to switch off while in gear - car automatically goes to Park and engages parking brake - my Leaf doesn’t engage the park brake which I find annoying.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.