Quick advice on handling set up

Faisal

UK's 1st Liquid Yello LCR
May 27, 2008
Most likely at work
Hello,

iv done some reading on anti roll bars and stuff so iv got most of it sorted.

using the search im lead to believe that a 25mm rear and 23mm front is the best set up.

but as the lcr comes with the front arb at 20mm (i think?), would it be alright to just get the rear ARB at 23mm and a front upper strut brace?im on a bit of a budget so cost saving would be good where possible

im going for coilovers soon as well as powerflex bushes,but dont know the best coilovers for the car though...

help appreciated!

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
I've just got a rear 25mm ARB and the standard LCR one on the front. The rear one is on its stiffest setting and the handling is much improved. I have front and rear strut braces too and 15mm rear spacers.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Why are you going for coilovers?
Ride height or handling?
I had the front ARB upgraded, S3 strutt brace and rear 28mm one on mid point and the handling was very good one OEM 96,000 miles shocks and springs.
I would advise to do the ARB's and bushes first before changing the shock/springs

Faisal

May 27, 2008
Most likely at work
yep im going for the coilovers after the arbs etc.im looking for handling.car is low enough imo. i would rather go for the adjustable damper settings but i know they are expensive :(

if i left out the front ARB in all this, would this cause understeer or something?would it feel imbalanced?or do you think il get away with it?

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
You could have the perfect chance to test this out if you come to the SCN national meet.
Both Dolby and myself have the KWV3's, I have uprated ARB's and Dolby doesn't (yet).
Your welcome to take my car for a spin or come out for a drive with me to see how the car feels and see what you think.
You will sacrifice a bit of comfort as these are track focussed but the handling is something else.
I'm going to Knockhill soon too so could meet you there if you want.
I don't think you would notice the difference massively, but drive the cars back to back and I'm sure you will

Faisal

May 27, 2008
Most likely at work
thanks for your help willie,a shot in one would definately help my descision. i will be coming to the SCN meet on sunday, since im going to the scottish modified show on the saturday. if i miss you there i can get you at knockhill any time.

meanwhile il save up for the bushes :p
are they easy to fit?how much will i get charged roughly to fit them all?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members