Quick MK5 observations?

shock

Some questions for those MK5 owners here..

1) Is the digital odometer meant to read in km/h? When stopped it shows the total mileage in miles, but as soon as I dive off the read out is in Km/h. Trip is in miles too just the digital read out for speed. The analogue read out on the right is in miles per hour.

2) Any of you find dipped beams throw rather short? And isn’t the throw meant to be longer on the left than right? (in UK) My left lights throw is only 2 meters or so on the max setting.

3) Hand brake travel, do you find it too much as mine only fully locks after about 6 ‘clicks’.

please share views peeps..

shock

Is PDI, you mean pre delivery inspection right?

Im hoping I don't have to go back to the dealers in York as they had the car in stock I went and bought it (new) from them but I live in London.

Do you think I can get these done by a local dealer?

Last edited by a moderator:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Possibly! Worth a go - really it's poor PDI, but a local may be OK rectifying this as 'warranty'

shock

Hmm.. damn dealer didn't even call me back today, left a message with them to call me back.

Will call them 1st think in the morning to see what they got to say..

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Banbridge, Northern Ireland
Some questions for those MK5 owners here..

1) Is the digital odometer meant to read in km/h? When stopped it shows the total mileage in miles, but as soon as I dive off the read out is in Km/h. Trip is in miles too just the digital read out for speed. The analogue read out on the right is in miles per hour.
It's like this by design, to compensate for the lack of km/h markings on the analog speedo. It's a legal requirement to have a km/h readout somewhere so they stuck it on the digital screen.

I wonder if it can be changed with vag-com though:think:

shock

oh no.. Thought it was just a dealer setting they got wrong!

Aw well.. any vag com techies here?

FoZz

Sep 23, 2008
Guess not, but its bound to be possible. My friend has a brand new 105 tdi A3 and his is in MPH...

shock

Ok.. I have sorted out the lights myself by manually adjusting it under the bonet.

As local dealer wanted to charge me for it.. hmm..

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.