Quick wash using a pressure washer?!

Fien

Mar 11, 2010
Chester
I've got a pressuer washer, not one of the more powerful versions, but still handy in getting all the grub loose prior to scrubbing it down. My normal routine for a quick wash is:

blast down the car with the pressure washer
use the 2 bucket method with autoglym shampoo
rinse down with the pressure washer
dry with a microfibre towel

i'm going to give the car a good going over this weekend, clay bar, polish and wax. If i need to give the car a quick wash after this am i better avoiding using the pressure washer? I'm thinking that it might be too harsh and take off all the hard work i've done in putting on the polish and wax on? :confused:

Cheers

Blanco92

www.racedriversinc.com
Apr 11, 2010
Bournemouth/Cheshire
I use exactly the same method you described. Thought you were talking about myself for a second...

I'd still use the pressure washer, just ease the pressure off a bit by using the nozzle control if your pressure washer has one fitted.

sunny2k2000

Under the Hood!
Sep 4, 2008
Leicester
Car Washing Tips

What are the recommended steps washing car?

I wash in the following order:

1. Jet washing - to spray off as much of the dirt, grime, bugs, bird droppings, etc.

2. Wheels and tires - Agitate with a wheel brush to clean wheels without scratching. I wash each wheel and tire one at a time and rinse thoroughly

3. Wash body - I use two buckets. Fill one bucket with soapy water and fill the other with clean water. Each time ready to reload sponge with soapy water, I dip it in the clean water first, to rinse out the grit.

4 Jet Wash – beginning to wash at the top of the car and wash down.

5. Drying - to remove excess water is with a Water Blade and towel.

Also what cleaning products do you guys use? (Including Interior)

Thanks in advance,

Sunny

Blanco92

www.racedriversinc.com
Apr 11, 2010
Bournemouth/Cheshire
Sunny, you're on the money (see what I did there?) on the washing steps. Although some may say it's better to use a lambswool wash mitt than a sponge, as a sponge is good at holding onto grit. I use a wash mitt for the bodywork but still use the sponge for cleaning tailpipes and alloys.

For the exterior washing, I use Autoglym Bodywork Shampoo. It's the best well priced and easy to source car shampoo I've used.

Chris

Fien

Mar 11, 2010
Chester
I'd definitely recommend a lambs wool mitt as well as the autoglym shampoo, lasts for ages!

karlw

AKA Shifty - Modded LCR
Jan 29, 2010
Ipswich, Suffolk
What are the recommended steps washing car?

I wash in the following order:

1. Jet washing - to spray off as much of the dirt, grime, bugs, bird droppings, etc.

2. Wheels and tires - Agitate with a wheel brush to clean wheels without scratching. I wash each wheel and tire one at a time and rinse thoroughly

3. Wash body - I use two buckets. Fill one bucket with soapy water and fill the other with clean water. Each time ready to reload sponge with soapy water, I dip it in the clean water first, to rinse out the grit.

4 Jet Wash – beginning to wash at the top of the car and wash down.

5. Drying - to remove excess water is with a Water Blade and towel.

Also what cleaning products do you guys use? (Including Interior)

Thanks in advance,

Sunny

Good order although I'd avoid "the blade" and just use two Big Thirsty mirco fibre towels

TubbyTwo

Taking a break from JDM..
Jan 27, 2010
Ipswich, Suffolk
no closer that about 12 inches with the pressure washer either, will force dirt and grit into the paint and cash damage as well.

TubbyTwo

Jan 27, 2010
Ipswich, Suffolk
on another note for shampoo, look at dodo juice, poor boys or chem guys for shampoo, cheaper than autoglym and alot better from experience.

Fien

Mar 11, 2010
Chester
on another note for shampoo, look at dodo juice, poor boys or chem guys for shampoo, cheaper than autoglym and alot better from experience.

hadnt looked at the dodo juice shampoo as i've just got so much of the autoglym stuff left. Always thought they were more expensive but i'll definitely give it a try if its not.

Been looking at getting either the Dodo purple haze or the collinite wax. Tempted to pay the extra for the dodo wax as ive only heard good things about it!

sunny2k2000

Under the Hood!
Sep 4, 2008
Leicester
With regrads to dodo juice, that translates to insect juice lol, I won't be touching that stuff lol

Looks like I been using the correct method washing my car, I also will find it difficult without the washing blade as I am so used to it.

I was also hoping for recommended interior products and air freshners (apart from the Magic Tree lol).

Thanks again,

Sunny

TubbyTwo

Jan 27, 2010
Ipswich, Suffolk
hadnt looked at the dodo juice shampoo as i've just got so much of the autoglym stuff left. Always thought they were more expensive but i'll definitely give it a try if its not.

Been looking at getting either the Dodo purple haze or the collinite wax. Tempted to pay the extra for the dodo wax as ive only heard good things about it!

not as expensive as you might think mate

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/washing-and-drying/cat_1.html

i use this, brings the wax up rally glossy after a wash and you dont get any water marks:

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/washing-and-drying/chemical-guys-bodywash-and-wax/prod_144.html

:funk:

itfben

DsignVinyl.com
Oct 24, 2009
nr. Tunbridge Wells
Got a Autoglym Aqua Blade myself, its pretty neat. BUT I swear it puts marks on my car if I slip and catch the car with the handle, the rubber handle on the body surface seems to creates a horrible line which lso turns out a b*tch to get off. It's a shame as it seems a great idea for a product, but I think too will stop using this.

TubbyTwo

Jan 27, 2010
Ipswich, Suffolk
Got a Autoglym Aqua Blade myself, its pretty neat. BUT I swear it puts marks on my car if I slip and catch the car with the handle, the rubber handle on the body surface seems to creates a horrible line which lso turns out a b*tch to get off. It's a shame as it seems a great idea for a product, but I think too will stop using this.

blades are great for scratching the paint.

dry with a big microfibre towel. :)