Quickest (lazyest) detailing method.

FinerDetails

Official SCN Supporter
JKing said:
I like to use a QD spray after I've done the midweek (washed at least twice a week) wash and dry to get rid of water marks and bring back the "just waxed shine".
At the weekend it gets a full wash (2 buckets + mitts) dry, arches, alloys, trim then if it needs it a polish then seal with wax. You'll find the car much easier to wash once it's been done properly and you can keep on top of it.

just be wary of washing it too much, you increase the chance of inflicting swirls by over washing...

AR-CoolC

Feb 3, 2006
Lincoln
JKing said:
Ready for another session with the PC, might try some of the menzerna range

Already ?:-o It wasn't that long ago I remember seeing your show if off thread.

Oh well it's an excuse to use power tools ey?:cartman:

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
Right, got my new toys of NXT tech wax liquid and some applicator pads/cloths. Sooo whats the best technique. Might try it out later

:D

FinerDetails

Official SCN Supporter
apply in straight lines, keep it thin, apply in one direction, then immediately in opposite so achieve what looks like a cling film thin layer of NXt over each panel.

Leave to cure, and wipe off. If it take more then one wipe with light to medium pressure, you applied to much! Its not how you buff off a product, its how you put it on!

jetsetjimbo

a.k.a James
Jun 12, 2005
J2 M5
FinerDetails said:
apply in straight lines, keep it thin, apply in one direction, then immediately in opposite so achieve what looks like a cling film thin layer of NXt over each panel.

Leave to cure, and wipe off. If it take more then one wipe with light to medium pressure, you applied to much! Its not how you buff off a product, its how you put it on!

I think only applying in one direction is what's been causing the streaking on my bonnet... How many sections would you do the complete bonnet in Iain?

I was under the misguided impression that it was on in one direction and off in another for some reason.

FinerDetails

Official SCN Supporter
apply in 2 foot section, or smaller while you get the hang of it, using long consistent passes, then overlap in opposite

tip: dont start in a corner with the pad, you will struggle to spread the NXT out from the corner...seems obvious when you think about it....

jetsetjimbo

a.k.a James
Jun 12, 2005
J2 M5
FinerDetails said:
apply in 2 foot section, or smaller while you get the hang of it, using long consistent passes, then overlap in opposite

tip: dont start in a corner with the pad, you will struggle to spread the NXT out from the corner...seems obvious when you think about it....

Cool!

Do you reapply how often should I be reapplying the wax to the pad (ish) and how much on there at a time (ish)?

I don't think I'm a million miles away to be honest, things just need honing a little. :)

jetsetjimbo

a.k.a James
Jun 12, 2005
J2 M5
FinerDetails said:
if you are using a foal pad, then a pea sized drop only..... once the pad is loaded you can gauge this and use as needed, watch for consistency of layer applied, this is your gauge.....

MF pads (motorgeek) only. I assume similar for that too?

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
FinerDetails said:

how long to leave on to cure?

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
pay finer details for a good days lesson/work

from what ive seen and on the site its a bargain :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.