Quote for Window Regulator + Labour

zigojacko

Hey all,

Recently, my passenger side electric window of my 52 plate Seat Leon appears to have become dislodged from the mechanism (window regulator?) in the door as when I use the electric window button to close the window, it goes up at a slanted angle and keeps getting stuck.

I explained this to a local garage and I have been quoted £124 + VAT parts and labour for the job... Does this seem reasonable?

The pane of glass itself is completely intact and the electric button is operating it still, to me, it just purely seems a case of the glass needs reattaching to the mechanism in the door and I would have thought it would all work fine again.

Any feedback greatly appreciated as I have no clue on this at all, many thanks :)

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
by the time you've taken the price of 'assumedly' the regulator and the time for labour to fit it doesn't sound too far off in all honesty

here's a pic

837600.png

zigojacko

Thanks for the reply, yeah I did have a look through the tutorial here http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1015107&postid=9506802#9506802 and thought that it looks a right mission to do.

Okay, not sure whether to even bother getting it fixed if it's gonna cost that much then, all sorts is starting to go wrong with my Leon now and it's all going to end up costing me a fortune and seeing I am just approaching 150,000 miles (diesel) I should start thinking about changing my car to be honest (ideally upgrade of Leon) :(

andypotts1981

Sep 25, 2009
I replaced the runners and it didn't cost that much and it's not a bad job to do.... think it was about £45 for the part.

zigojacko

Hey Andy, did you buy the part secondhand and do the job yourself? Was the procedure to replace similar to that tutorial (link I posted above)? Thanks

andypotts1981

Sep 25, 2009
bought the part from my local main dealer... all the wires on the winder had frayed and caused it to jam half way down.

i did use the same website - did it myself.

ignore step 15 and 17-24. once you get the window released and the panel off you need to drill the rivets out. you'll need a gun to put new ones back in.

Also it makes it look complicated on them photos when it talks about re-threading the wires, you dont need to do any of that.

took me about half hour to do