race injectors 783

john_tdi

mmm 385lbft
Feb 21, 2007
s wales
ok just had them fitted. oh man the cars running like a dog. tick over is ok and running fine (apart from somtimes alot of smoke) off boost runs fine. nail it and well, it feels like only 2 cylinders are working!!

this normal?

hope map sorts it.

john_tdi

mmm 385lbft
Feb 21, 2007
s wales
so you have fitted race injectors but not mapped the car to suit???

correct. i live nowhere near a good mapper. I obviously know it needs to be mapped. but i didnt think i would have big probs.

anyone got them? prefer past experience answers ta

basssound

May 31, 2007
Rotherham, South Yorkshire!
sorry but why would you or anyone have race injectors fitted and then worry about doing a 500 mile round trip to get them mapped corectly, beyond me!!
Have you gone down the hybrid turbo track already??

Give up wittling and go to a decent remapper and get it done well, rs tunning in leeds is the first that springs to mind.

john_tdi

mmm 385lbft
Feb 21, 2007
s wales
sorry but why would you or anyone have race injectors fitted and then worry about doing a 500 mile round trip to get them mapped corectly, beyond me!!
Have you gone down the hybrid turbo track already??

Give up wittling and go to a decent remapper and get it done well, rs tunning in leeds is the first that springs to mind.

no need to be rude!

rs tuning did my map for my last hybrid.

why the hell would you fit race injectors if you hadnt done the hybrid!!

before i had them fitted, i was given advice that they would be ok to run for a short time. however if id known they where going to have this much affect, id would have had them fitted and mapped at the same place obviously.

you try driving from s wales to leeds. its not fun mate.

if you can't give any civil advice, then dont bother please.

Yello

drives a Banshee
Aug 5, 2002
Weston-Super-Mare
Visit site
can't you just replace the original injectors for the time being until you arrange a suitable re-map convenient to you? it would give you a bit of time at least to sort things out properly and your car would be better to drive for the interim period? just a thought...:shrug:

john_tdi

mmm 385lbft
Feb 21, 2007
s wales
can't you just replace the original injectors for the time being until you arrange a suitable re-map convenient to you? it would give you a bit of time at least to sort things out properly and your car would be better to drive for the interim period? just a thought...:shrug:

yeah fair point. tbh i think im just going to leave the car a couple days and get it mapped straight away. such a pain installing them. seting up etc.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
783 race injectors come with the warning they need special mapping so for sure you will need to get it mapped ASAP.

John where did you get them from if you done mind me asking?

Last edited:

john_tdi

mmm 385lbft
Feb 21, 2007
s wales
yeah 783, my typo. oh well got the numbers right. rs tuning closed till 9th :(

looks like ill be using my modded t4

Last edited:

john_tdi

mmm 385lbft
Feb 21, 2007
s wales
your quite right. I will ammend post.

Thanks for link.

oh the nozzles are like rocking horse sh!t

good luck getting them.

bosio don't seem to do many. and then you need them setup in bodies.

I've a spare set of 150 injectors if your going that route. At the moment ive 3 sets :)

devonutopia

fabia-lous
Mar 30, 2004
Exmouth / Exeter
I've had race 783s installed on old mapping for some time now and never get anything as bad as 2 cylinders.

Silly question, but did you follow the VAG injector setting up guide to the book? I had my garage spend the most time on this, using a dial gauge to ensure the nozzles were tightened correctly on the max lift point of the cam.

john_tdi

mmm 385lbft
Feb 21, 2007
s wales
yeah, garage setup ok, i think. on tick, runs fine and when off boost, so, they must be installed right. what u think? otherwise she'd run like a dog all time.

majesty78

Oct 6, 2008
Austria
Take a look at measuring block 13 with vagcom.

This is idle smoothening and if you see big differences there, you will have a physical/mechanical problem coming to add to the missing mapping for those injectors.

Regards Alex

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.