Racing battery terminals

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
I've just ordered an Odyssey Racing Extreme 25 battery as I'm relocating it to the spare wheel well but reading http://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/p13861/ODYSSEY-EXTREME-RACING-25-BATTERY/product_info.html it says this comes with M6 battery terminals.

Does this mean I can't fit standard battery terminals to this battery?

I have already got a set of these which I was using on my standard battery:

!BVlRyhwBmk~$(KGrHgoH-DYEjlLl5L7,BKTOcflJNg~~_35.JPG

Searching the forum however I see someone else has used ring terminals:

Image008.jpg

Am I goosed??

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
OK just spoken to Merlin who told me the battery comes with two bolts that attach to M6 eyelets which they can throw in for me so I should be sorted

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
Ah OK, so I guess it's an M6 bolt thread over which a 6mm eyelet sits (connected to the power cables), secured by a 6mm bolt on top. Makes more sense to me now

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
robbie c....where are u going to use to run the power cable from the engine bay to the boot...im looking at doing this myself but cant seem to find anywhere for a route through.

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
I routed mine through the bulk head via the rubber grommit that feeds the wiring loom through to the back of the glovebox, then down the passenger sill under the carpet, behind the rear passenger trim and through to the boot running inside the rear quarter so the cable ran round past the rear strut top and then back out at the bottom of the boot carpet by the boot catch. You'll need 6 metres to do this comfortably but it's very neat and out-of-sight and it doesn't involve routing anything through/under the back seats.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
Got my battery all sorted and fitted now :)

I can foresee issues running a race battery as it takes a lot of initial charge to turn over and after 3-4 short start/stops it struggles to come back to life. Time will tell, I guess I'll just leave it on a trickle charger each night.

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
I routed mine through the bulk head via the rubber grommit that feeds the wiring loom through to the back of the glovebox, then down the passenger sill under the carpet, behind the rear passenger trim and through to the boot running inside the rear quarter so the cable ran round past the rear strut top and then back out at the bottom of the boot carpet by the boot catch. You'll need 6 metres to do this comfortably but it's very neat and out-of-sight and it doesn't involve routing anything through/under the back seats.
Ok mate cheers for that. Will have a look there.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members