Radio aerial and cambelt change

homer hotspur

Dec 8, 2016
Hello,
I have recently bought a 1.2 TSI(Tech pack) -63 reg - and have initially registered to ask the following questions

1- There is no radio aerial to be seen although I have seen a shark fin type on another similar Leon.

It isn't mentioned in the handbook and a google search has not provided me with the answer, so where is the aerial actually hidden?

2- What is the cambelt replacement cycle? Again. a google search has not provided a definitive answer.

thanks

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Hello,
I have recently bought a 1.2 TSI(Tech pack) -63 reg - and have initially registered to ask the following questions

1- There is no radio aerial to be seen although I have seen a shark fin type on another similar Leon.

It isn't mentioned in the handbook and a google search has not provided me with the answer, so where is the aerial actually hidden?

2- What is the cambelt replacement cycle? Again. a google search has not provided a definitive answer.

thanks

aerial is incorporated into the rear window I believe.

turbo_powered

Sep 21, 2016
This says that the mk3 Leon 1.2 has a belt, which is checked at 60k, then every 20k until being changed at 120k. I found this in other places also. Hope this helps, although it would be nice to have this confirmed by someone in the know...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

turbo_powered

Sep 21, 2016
And yes, aerials are normally intergrated into a rear window these days. Look for something like a heated screen element with 'elements' joining them if that makes sense!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members