radio code

scotbren

scott
Jul 13, 2008
carlisle, cubria
after disconnecting y battry to do a little work i realised i didnt have the code as the dealer neva supplyed a manual after still waiting 3 months so didnt have the code. rand the up this morning to get a snotty bloke sayin i would have to take my car up and it would take 30mins. then he says i will have to pay a charge of £21. my car is only 2005 and i thought they would be supplyed is this correct.

scotbren

scott
Jul 13, 2008
carlisle, cubria
yup said they would have to hook my car up to the computer then said they may not find out the code the computer will jst fix it. that mean they want 21 pound everytime u disconnect it resulting in not been able to do any work on your car its a joke!!!!

mark90

Oct 31, 2008
i took my radio out last week and moved it to the bottom empty slot..plugged it back in..no code..
rang orginal dealer..said i bought it 2nd hand off his customer....code given to me...took him like 30seconds to pull it up on the pc....

so for 1minutes work u tell ur dealers to stop been :banned: and give u the code...

its a recession:lol:so he will want repeat business...so should be nice to you..if he says no then ring the next local dealer...someone will give it too you DO NOT PAY FOR IT....ITS YOUR CODE>>>YOU OWN THE CAR AND ITS RADIO....NOT THEM

kriso

_______ C U P R A _______
Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
£21 is pretty good, I got asked for £60. But rang a previous dealer and had to fax V5, chassis number etc. as proof of ownership and they sent me the code.

Like you say...you might be better off getting a new MP3 Alana stereo from ebay.

Aimez

Ha ha! Nice one they must think some people are stupid, I give out radio codes for trucks at work all the time, some of the vehicles have so many computers on board esp fire trucks and we have VCADS (like VAGCOM) but you don't need that for a radio code just need the chassis number and type it into the correct program