RADIO in 2 SAFE mode.

sebasti0n

Nov 6, 2006
Being a numpty ive managed to get the radio into ' 2 SAFE' mode after disconnecting the battery !!!!

Any one know how I can rectify this.... I do have the radio code...

Ta.

sebasti0n

Nov 6, 2006
code in Radio manual is not being accepted. spoke to the dealers today and they have quoted me around £25 to connect to some computer in Germany which tells them the code.... Not impressed.

caveo

i feel ur pain . i had the same prob for weeks i tryd the code in the book but in the end just forked out 100 notes on a new cd/mp3 player and just thought fook it

sebasti0n

Nov 6, 2006
I had another good look around but could not find any other code. I contacted the dealership where the car was first registered but they had the same code.

They did say that if I provide proof of ID and take out the radio and get the serial number of the back, then they could email seat for the code.... but I suspect I will fork out the £25 notes and get it done that way... at least that should be quick.... its amazing just how much you miss the radio when its not working...

arjnoro

Ok here it goes folks again, I'm helping because I was very frustrated with mine for a month. I got the following info from my dealer in Mexico via telephone. NO CHARGE. He informed me that the code might be under the ashtray. Pull out the ashtray and there might be a sticker under the ashtray with the code. It may be on the side of the radio unit or in the glove compartment. My code is 0777. Anyway turn your stereo on (car off) then wait for an hour!! no key inside ignition either! come back your display should have changed from SAFE to 1000. Then input the code first and then press the SCAN button and that's it!!! good luck, did mine yesterday!!!!

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
arjnoro, im sure everyone appreciates your help but why are you digging up old threads to post the same thing everywhere? once would have been enough!