Radio Problem

winius

Hey Guys,

I`m new in here so I`m not sure if it`s the right place to post this. I`m driving cordoba from 1999< I believe its mk2.Anyway I do have a radio problem.It is switching on and off all the time, doesn`t matter if the car is on or off.I have no clue how I can fix this. My temp sensor is not working too if it would help.The radio is standard Seat unit ( this little square box in the middle ) I would be very thankful for any thoughts you might have.

Thanks
Winius

Pumbaah

I had exactly the same problem with my Mk3 Ibiza. Apparently its a common problem with the SEAT radios. I never managed to fix the temp sensor problem but I did come across an odd fix to the radio problem on a forum and it worked for me but I know it doesn't work for everyone. Basically just put a tape in the tape deck and leave it there. I don't know how or why this works but for me and some others it does so its worth a try! It didn't work for a mate of mine and he ended up having to get another headunit put in below the steering wheel.

winius

thanks meltonlad, Pumbaah,

little update, radio is switching between tape and radio by itself all the time so I cannot listen to the radio while driving ... help here guys ?

Pumbaah

Hmm I never had that problem so can;t help I'm afraid. However, if you are still having problems with it turning on randomly, what I did was leave the cover off the fuse box and take the radio fuse out every time I left the car so that it couldn't start up while I was out of the car and drain the battery.

Endi2008

Apr 26, 2009
Bristol
So many people with this bloody problem im determined to get it fixed now going to take mine to an auto eletrician ill keep you updated ive posted in the MK3 Forum

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.