Radio Wiring ID

Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
Does anyone have a guide to the wiring identification for the Altea/Toledo radio harness? Also location of the speed pulse wire to ECU, how to get to the reverse gear switch wiring and the handbrake on/off switch wiring?

cupra fan

Nov 30, 2001
norfolk
Visit site
If this for a dvd player/ sat nav cobi style player- the handbrake cable put to earth - the unit will always think the hanbrake is on and it will allow you to access all functions at all times! Done this job on on a 2004 leon cupra The speed pulse wire was part of the radio wiring loom (should be same on the altea) ready for a seat ordered sat/NAV fitment! hope this helps mate

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
Thanks CupraFan, It is for a Pioneer AVIC-D3 (USA version so no nav, but I dont care about that), £400 got it for, same one priced here is ~£1200.

I found info on a bypass for the dvd grounding the handbrake and moving the mute wire. Which wire on the loom is it for the speed pulse, i guess the reverse gear doesnt matter too much as not going to use nav.

cupra fan

Nov 30, 2001
norfolk
Visit site
The leon mk2 forum should have the wiring harness guide, can't see it being different to the altea!
you can connect the reverse wire direct to the reverse light itself tapping on to the wire.
Funnily enough it was a pioneer one i fitted and uk satnav disks can be picked up on ebay!, it might enable it to fully work in the uk! good luck and at that price a good buy!
If you want a right laugh, play some po*n on it and look at the faces of other people as they drive past:cartman:

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
I searched for wiring, radio, loom etc and not found the info. It mentions in the book to tap into the rear 'backup' wire, but that looked like work. Fit a sub and play loud po*n on it.lol

Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
Do i really need to hook up the speed sense wire if i dint need the nav working, as i understand speed sense is for positioning? This leaves that i can do everything else and get a normal harness with switched live included in it instead of a can based adaptor module (££££).

Richie D

May 24, 2005
Shropshire
Do i really need to hook up the speed sense wire if i dint need the nav working, as i understand speed sense is for positioning? This leaves that i can do everything else and get a normal harness with switched live included in it instead of a can based adaptor module (££££).

The speed sense is not essential, its only in addition to the GPS signal.

Rich

Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
Thanks Rich. Am going over to Audio Advice tomorrow to chat with them and order the parts for it, cage fascia etc, are the cheapest i have heard for all, £45 for the kit.