radio's been gay

noddy1

right i have searched but can only find that the volume is dodgy

my sister has just got a 1.4 and when you get out the car the radio turns back on is there anyway of stopping this or is it just a welcome to mk 3 ownership

please help

noddy1

so just bob a tape in and it should stop it right

now the hard part where in 2008 sells tape's lol

noddy1

well just found one on ebay with a buy it now of £17 so if you can match it or better pm me lol

olethalb

ibiza gone!!!
Oct 9, 2008
bracknell
apparently so mate, i'm not sure about the cassettes though my mate nearly fell out the seat when i bought it home and he saw my 2001 car came with a tape player!

Atlantia

Nov 18, 2008
The South West
LOL, mine does it when it gets lonely in the middle of the night!

The cassette thing seems to work. I have a little routine now, park, push the cassette in, wait for it to change to tape from radio, turn volume down so if it does come back on its not at full volume, push volume knob to turn it off, switch off engine, exit car, use keyfob to close CL, peer back in like weirdo window-licker as interior light fades to see it radio is trying to trick me..........

noddy1

Just get one of the cassettes you can plug an MP3 aux connection into. Kills 2 birds with one stone, fault stops and they can listen to her mp3s.

o you might just have a fantastic idea there :doh:

Sparksy_2k8

has anyone got a proper fix for this as mine keeps doing it and draining my battery and setting my alarm off. Ive resorted to take the fuse out everytime i leave the car but this is annoying!!! It just randomly started doing it yesterday

May 16, 2008
southampton
if its the same as what happen to mine last week it was the ignition barrel at fault it wasnt turnin every thing off properly like radio. an the interior light would not come on when i took the key out. and in the middle of the night the radio would turn on and the alarm would go off. also the remote central lockin would not work and alarm would not make the led flash on the drivers door..

Mat

i assume be "been" you mean "being"

learn to spell. "been" would indicate that you went somewhere ;)

Razor

Inked Up Nation
Oct 12, 2008
Outside Belfast
www.bebo.com
LOL, mine does it when it gets lonely in the middle of the night!

The cassette thing seems to work. I have a little routine now, park, push the cassette in, wait for it to change to tape from radio, turn volume down so if it does come back on its not at full volume, push volume knob to turn it off, switch off engine, exit car, use keyfob to close CL, peer back in like weirdo window-licker as interior light fades to see it radio is trying to trick me..........

:lol:

Blooody Quality
Could Imagine Seeing Someone Doing This

HaHaaaa

Dan1.6

1.6 Power FTW!!!!!!!!
Sep 26, 2008
Chesterfield
isn't there away of discoecting the tape player inside some were? isn't it supposed to be a capacitor or a diode thats falty inside it?