,;Rashcupra's MKV ,;R32

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poverty

And magazines but old grannies on the same page as 20 year olds, doesn't mean you'd tap both. ;)

Just cos magazines put them against each other doesn't mean they're the same!

They had a new Scirocco against a new Mini Cooper S the other day on 5th Gear. Totally pointless as totally different cars with totally different target audiences!

The Evos and Scoobs are more hardcore than the R32's. IMO they're more rant about and look good cars! Still bloomin good cars, but not the same category as the Jap crap.

hardcore as in better in every way perhaps? The so called jap crap will give a r32, my k1 and your ibiza a good kicking. Dont think I would be labelling them as crap.

And maybe you are right, completely different vehicles, the r32 is too slow to be compared to evos and scoobies, and a real car enthusiast would go with the jap crap anyday.

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
hardcore as in better in every way perhaps? The so called jap crap will give a r32, my k1 and your ibiza a good kicking. Dont think I would be labelling them as crap.

And maybe you are right, completely different vehicles, the r32 is too slow to be compared to evos and scoobies, and a real car enthusiast would go with the jap crap anyday.

Exactly!

And it's jap crap cos that's what it's known has! haha! VAG, french sh1t, Jap crap and the rest of the cars. :lol:

And when I'm hybrid I should be able to chase the Jap stuff! :D Especially like the old Celica GT4's and stuff. But like I say, there's no point trying to compare our cars to those. In my opinion, there's Japanese cars, and VAG cars. And the R32 is quick for VAG.

Poverty

Exactly!

And it's jap crap cos that's what it's known has! haha! VAG, french sh1t, Jap crap and the rest of the cars. :lol:

And when I'm hybrid I should be able to chase the Jap stuff! :D Especially like the old Celica GT4's and stuff. But like I say, there's no point trying to compare our cars to those. In my opinion, there's Japanese cars, and VAG cars. And the R32 is quick for VAG.

Quick for a VAG? No not really when you look at what VAG offer as a whole. The tons of super quick audi's, lambos, bentleys, also the r32 isnt the quickest golf. The ED30 is.

Im tired of snobby VAG people giving us real car lovers a bad name. Its not as if the mk4 ibiza is put together well with all those bloody rattles. The apparent cheaper jap crap are screwed together better and just as reliable, and often more reliable.

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
Quick for a VAG? No not really when you look at what VAG offer as a whole. The tons of super quick audi's, lambos, bentleys, also the r32 isnt the quickest golf. The ED30 is.

Im tired of snobby VAG people giving us real car lovers a bad name. Its not as if the mk4 ibiza is put together well with all those bloody rattles. The apparent cheaper jap crap are screwed together better and just as reliable, and often more reliable.

Well, you know what i mean.

I do have to disagree with you there. Working in the vehicle repair trade, VAG cars ARE better quality than jap. We had an 03 Impreza in (the facelift model the the frog eye ass ugly black headlight one) and there was nothing but plastic clips holding on the front bumper. Not one metal screw/bolt holding it on, all plastic. And the interior plastics are not as good quality plastic....infact some as really quite cheap on the Jap stuff. I know the Ibiza's are great....but mine really doesnt rattle that much at all!

At least with VAG they are held together better. There's an Audi A6 in work atm and there's adjusters on all the bumpers and headlights so you get the bonnet/bumper gaps all "just so" and perfectly even. Don't see that on Japenese cars....

Poverty

not sure about that!!!

R32 or Evo X 360???? No brainer.

VAG cars ARE better quality than jap. We had an 03 Impreza in (the facelift model the the frog eye ass ugly black headlight one) and there was nothing but plastic clips holding on the front bumper. Not one metal screw/bolt holding it on, all plastic. And the interior plastics are not as good quality plastic....infact some as really quite cheap on the Jap stuff.

So because one jap car based on a really really old design is not as good as VAG that automatically makes all japanese cars crap?

Sorry but that is just rubbish. The japanese make cars just as good as what VAG have to offer, and often even better. VAG are only now starting to make good sporting chassis', the japense have been doing that for the last 2 decades!.

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
So because one jap car based on a really really old design is not as good as VAG that automatically makes all japanese cars crap?

Sorry but that is just rubbish. The japanese make cars just as good as what VAG have to offer, and often even better. VAG are only now starting to make good sporting chassis', the japense have been doing that for the last 2 decades!.

Mate, like I've said all along - stop comparing the two! :lol:

They're two totally different cars in totally different classes!

And yes I do stick by my theory that VAG cars are held together with more! I'm not saying it makes them a better car at the end of the day! Just saying they're held together with more! :shrug:

Chassis has got nothing to do with build quality.....the Japanese are decades ahead of the rest of the world in everything. Camera's, cars, technology, lifestyle.....

Just take a chill pill! The two cars or totally different. Simple. [B)]

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
il ahve the r32 thanks... much better looking car imo

evo x is all about the performance...the golf just oozes class comfort and reasonable performance from a n/a engine..so not a fair comparison is it

Me too! RS4/RS5 when it comes out or an Impreza.....

Audi everytime. But that's MY personal taste!

Poverty

il ahve the r32 thanks... much better looking car imo

evo x is all about the performance...the golf just oozes class comfort and reasonable performance from a n/a engine

comfort? the r32 is hardly a epitome of comfort, and im not too convinced on the class bit either. It is afterall a golf. The peoples car. Reasonable perfomance I will grant.

You can go for looks, I will go for fun, I bet if you drve both you would have the evo ;)

They're two totally different cars in totally different classes!

Similiar costs, both marketed as perfomance vehicles. You are right though, people get R32's over a evo because they just want to buy into the image and dont care about performance too much, or just cant get insured on a evo yet.

We are ruining rash's thread btw, but the again he doesnt seem to come around on here anymore :lol:

Me too! RS4/RS5 when it comes out or an Impreza.....

Audi everytime. But that's MY personal taste!

For the price of the audi you can get a r32 and a evo......

Last edited by a moderator:

cap r 225

the need for speed!
Feb 24, 2008
nantwich
www.seatcupra.net
somebody shout me when this turns back into a readers rides theread. buy the way evo's and scoobs are competiton cars the R32 was never designed as a competition car so as it's been said... totally unfair comparison!

Poverty

somebody shout me when this turns back into a readers rides theread. buy the way evo's and scoobs are competiton cars the R32 was never designed as a competition car so as it's been said... totally unfair comparison!

how exactly is the evo or scooby designed as a competiton car?

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
how exactly is the evo or scooby designed as a competiton car?

the 'old' evo's were constrained to be easy to swap to Group A, but that was it

road going impreza's are about as similar to a WRC car as the R32 a golf S2000 car (if they made one)

Poverty

Look at the History and where the cars come from.....

The chassis hey are based on are cheap econo cars like the r32 is from the golf. Have you seen the weight distribution of the lancer/evo and impreza/sti? Worse than VAG'S offering, but its their tech that they stuff into the cars that show how incapable VAG's can be.

The cars dont come from the rally counterparts, the rally counterparts come from the cars.

Deleted member 12466

Completely agree mate!!

MattF

Rash - lovely car always wanted one of these. Any vids of the car yet?

Maybe best to keep the debates to others threads? This is a thread about an R32 - not what's better. Start a thread elsewhere rather than hi-jack this thread.
Cheers

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
Rash we havent had an update honey. Did you get the private plate sorted out in the end ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise