Rattle from tailgate

Yorki

The Leon has developed a rattle from the rear area. It happens on rough roads and potholes. I suspect it is coming form the tailgate . I could send it back to the stealers but if its an easy fix I'm happy to do it myself as its less hassle. Does anyone know or have any ideas.

Yorki

Checked the spare and tool kit and don't carry anything in the boot .

JD_SCN

not taking the p*ss but is your boot closed correctly...i know i've (thought) it was closed properly but it wasn't secure causing it to rattle, the light doesn't come on or no dash display...if not check your exhaust mounts...suggestions.

I'm not sure if it's my car or a design fault but the leon boot is rubbish at clsing properly!

chrisboyle999

MFD3 for sale, inbox me.
Nov 28, 2006
Geordieland
not taking the p*ss but is your boot closed correctly...i know i've (thought) it was closed properly but it wasn't secure causing it to rattle, the light doesn't come on or no dash display...if not check your exhaust mounts...suggestions.

he's got bluetooth, itll show ;).

Mar 30, 2008
Edinburgh
it could be the heat shield above the exhaust. mine is rattling at the moment. I reached under the rear bumper and nudged the heat shield and it's vibrating off the exhaust. going to take mine to stealers to get it fixed under warranty.

bbob

Sep 28, 2004
My bootlid rattled on the catch when I bought it so I adjusted the catch. I think it's a torx screw type - just undo the screws, slide the plate slightly and tighten it up again. Mine has been fine since.

Yorki

I'll have a go at adjusting the Catch this weekend and feed back. I don't think its the exhaust as I've had a heat shield come loss before ,but you never know.

Thanks for the replys

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.