Rattle!

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
Hey guys.

I've developed a rattle. It sounds like exhaust - but it's not. I've taken my sub out the boot, taken the amp out, taken the spare wheel out, the boot is totally empty and it's STILL rattling. I took the boot trim off and the central locking block was rattling, so sorted that thinking I FINALLY found it and something is STILL rattling and it's REALLY p*ssing me off! If you look in my latest mods thread - at the boost gauge videos you can hear it rattling in the background!

Any common things that rattle in the back of the car? Like hollow metally, annoying knocking sounds?

Cheers guys!

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
What about the exhaust heat shield above the backbox? Sometimes if a clip comes loose they can rattle a bit.

Is it a constant rattle or does it only rattle when driving over uneven ground?

RachIbiza

Jeremy Kyle is my idol
Apr 3, 2008
Portsmouth
I had a rattle on my corolla like this, it was a metal plate on the backbox which had info about what company made it etc, it had come loose, just took it off and bobs your uncle, thought it was a baffle or something at first!

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
It's not the rear numberplate, there's nothing loose in the rear clusters....it sounds like exhaust related/heatshield. Had my exhaust re-aligned at the weekend as it did jingle if you whacked the backbox hard, but it's still there. :(

Exhaust fits the bumper hole now though! :thumbup:

I took all the spare wheel out, everything out the boot and it still rattled. I now how no sub or anything. :(

Took the boot trim off and can't find anything, rear quarter trims, nothing.

I'm thinking it may be rear wiper related..... or suspension at the back. But i checked all that yesterday.... :think:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.