Rattles/squeaking noise in the door area

allan69

Jul 30, 2010
Wellingborough, UK
Hi,

Does anyone have any info on how to fix the rattles/squeaking noise within the door area, I have spoken to Seat but they seem not to not know anything about it. But I know as well as many others on here have/had the same issue.

Any TPI case numbers would help greatly in trying to fix this problem.

It's a great car but this anoying noise, is driving me crazy. :lol:

Thanks in advance....

Jul 29, 2013
Essex
Maybe it's the same issue as I have. My door cards are only held on with 6/12 screws (all cross threaded) and all of the clips are broken. The other 6 screws are in the bottom of the door.

No tpi as yet

Ckpearce91

Feb 20, 2013
Milton Keynes
Hi,

Does anyone have any info on how to fix the rattles/squeaking noise within the door area, I have spoken to Seat but they seem not to not know anything about it. But I know as well as many others on here have/had the same issue.

Any TPI case numbers would help greatly in trying to fix this problem.

It's a great car but this anoying noise, is driving me crazy. :lol:

Thanks in advance....

I has this in my leon, on my passenger door. Took it into seat and they fixed it under warranty. Now starting to get it on the drivers side! Grrr!

marty_34

Apr 21, 2012
TEESSIDE
wouldn't mind knowing this myself I had an issue that sounded like speaker was distorting or rattling, something was replaced, 2 weeks later its worse than it was previous

Pgcreature

Oct 7, 2013
Surrey
Squeaks and rattles Leon mk3 FR184

Don't have any in my doors, but plenty from around the dashboard/console area. I put it down to just too much plastic being used and poorly fixed. My dealer has said that he would have a look....but to be honest I believe if they open it up they run the risk of making it worse. The best is when I have it in sport mode , with hard acceleration I can get enough rattling it can mask the phoney sporting noise lol:rofl:

madduffyx

Dec 21, 2009
Mines rattles like crazy and really starting to annoy me, especially when you consider it's a £23,000 car! Have no faith with my dealers so I'll just put up with it until it's service time.

Last edited:

Pgcreature

Oct 7, 2013
Surrey
Squeaks and rattles

Yes my rattles are intermittent too and I have noticed that they appear more when the interior is cold. When the cabin has warmed up things are not so bad... so maybe this is all due to expansion/contraction of the different materials used... What have other members experienced and done to rectify the problem??

Fraczish

Aug 20, 2013
Its very concerning reading this, I assumed being under VW ownership the cars would be built to a high standard, Arr these issues common? Is it just annoying rattles or are they very obvious?!?

madduffyx

Dec 21, 2009
Yeh quite obvious sadly, mines mostly the door panels where the light strip runs along. Every bump it rattles and also when you have a song with high bass. Sad really as I love the car! For the time being it's just turn up the music volume until an official fault has been confirmed.

Pgcreature

Oct 7, 2013
Surrey
Squeaks and rattles

Yep they're pretty noticeable for me as they are from around the console area right in front of me and I find myself fiddling around with the trim to locate whilst driving.. Ok I know not the safest way to drive!!! Absolutely right... Not want you you expect with a 23k price tag:(

madduffyx

Dec 21, 2009
The dealers had mine for 2 weeks last month and said they'd identified the rattle as a loose bolt in the door (rather concerning) few weeks on and it's probably worse than before. Hense why I won't let them touch it again until they actually know what is wrong with it and causing such rattles. You couldn't hear it for a brief second tonight due to me shouting POWER as I overtook a tractor lol!

Ckpearce91

Feb 20, 2013
Milton Keynes
Do you know what they done to fix it, do you know if it could be related to the door sills, rubbing when the door is shut

My rattling was the door card itself had come loose, when I pressed on it, it would stop but as soon as I let go it would carry on. Very annoying! They said that they just took it off, put some padding in and put it back.

Fraczish

Aug 20, 2013
One word... Gutted! I wish I'd known this prior to ordering as I really would of thought twice, the "assumed" build quality was a big appeal coming from a car that had many squeakd and rattles that drove me crazy!

madduffyx

Dec 21, 2009
Try not to worry about it Frac, what have you ordered? The car has too many good things about it that you'll love to worry about the slight rattles :)

Fraczish

Aug 20, 2013
Try not to worry about it Frac, what have you ordered? The car has too many good things about it that you'll love to worry about the slight rattles :)

Cheers fella! Im picking up an 1.4FR with Tech and 18s, I know people will say that if you wanted quality you should of bought a golf but for me they are so bland looking in comparison to the Leon. The car I test drove felt well screwed together and all the switch gear was identical to the golf so.. 2+2=... Oh well fingers crossed I get a good one! Apologies for hijacking the thread!

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013
I may be speaking out of place but it's possible earlier build cars were less well screwed together than later builds. Mine was delivered in October and I have one very occasional creak from the door/windscreen area so occasional that I haven't yet been bothered to find it and stuff some foam tape somewhere. And I'm a bit OCD about noises off too. Agree the cold makes to worse
I have no SEAT sound though which may also be a problem area for extra speakers in the doors and no LEDs in the door cards

StevenM

Apr 2, 2013
I'm not so sure that it is confined to earlier built cars, more so that as they clock up the miles the rattles become more apparent.

Mine was a late March order and delivered early June. After about 12k my rear offside door card began to rattle, another 2k and the plastic window covering the dials rattles when slowing down.

Disappointing for a £23k car? My last was £32k and that had twice as many rattles and squeaks. Cranking the stereo up creates an illusion that they aren't there!

Sent from my piece of shite iPhone - according to Muz.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.