Rattles/squeaking noise in the door area

MrStroppy

Dec 5, 2011
Creaks and squeks

Hi, I have the passenger door card issue which I know can be resolved, but annoyed by the dash one more.

Basically the plastic cowling that sits around the instruments (speedo etc) creaks.

I would like to remove it and put some spongy tape around and re-insert.

Does anyone know if it can actually be removed ans how? :shrug:

Many thanks :)

Gib83

Neeow!!
Mar 3, 2007
Sheffield
Hi, I have the passenger door card issue which I know can be resolved, but annoyed by the dash one more.

Basically the plastic cowling that sits around the instruments (speedo etc) creaks.

I would like to remove it and put some spongy tape around and re-insert.

Does anyone know if it can actually be removed ans how? :shrug:

Many thanks :)

Yes it can be removed. My dealer did mine under warranty as it was a known fault. They put some foam on the locating pins and it stopped it rattling. Unfortunately I don't know how they took it out.

sbajc101

Apr 19, 2013
Hi,

i'm having this rattle for a long time. And i think that it does not come from the door cards.
/watch?v=_K4EJP29ZyM there is the youtube video (it's not myne, but it's the same sound, at the same RPM).

any suggestions?

Thanks

veno

Feb 9, 2016
Sofia, Bulgaria
www.bulforum.com
Ok, I have two and a half months old Seat Leon XP, mere 2000 miles on the clock.
I had some annoying rattling coming from behind, after a lot of investigation I found the rattle is coming from below the backseat foot place, somewhere under the floor. I drove the car to a friend garage and we identified the bracked holding one of the fuel tanks is making this noise (it sounded inside the car like creaky plastic) we tighten one of the screws holding the bracked over the fuel tank and the noise is gone.

Now a few weeks later I started to hear noises coming from front left door when driving on bad road, sometimes I hear also from the front right, not sure if it is coming from the doors or the B column or A column, I tried everything I learned from the forum, I used gumi-pfledge for the door rubber seals, I spayred silicone in every single crack where 2 plastics meet on the door cards, tried to refix the door latch... but still could not cure the squeaking sounds I hear from time to time.

Honestly I am quite disappointed with the plastic quality inside the car, for example if I push the plastic arround the media system plus I have (it is a thin grey pastic which I know could be replaced with some other options when you order the car) I hear creaky sounds... very very cheap feel... I don't want to think what will happen after 1 year on our bad roads. XP is car ment for some light offroad and is supposed to have more stable and rugged trim inside, prone to more vibrations on the road.

If I can fix these awful noises I can say I am quite happy with the car.

leonlad

Mar 28, 2004
london
Ok, I have two and a half months old Seat Leon XP, mere 2000 miles on the clock.
I had some annoying rattling coming from behind, after a lot of investigation I found the rattle is coming from below the backseat foot place, somewhere under the floor. I drove the car to a friend garage and we identified the bracked holding one of the fuel tanks is making this noise (it sounded inside the car like creaky plastic) we tighten one of the screws holding the bracked over the fuel tank and the noise is gone.

Now a few weeks later I started to hear noises coming from front left door when driving on bad road, sometimes I hear also from the front right, not sure if it is coming from the doors or the B column or A column, I tried everything I learned from the forum, I used gumi-pfledge for the door rubber seals, I spayred silicone in every single crack where 2 plastics meet on the door cards, tried to refix the door latch... but still could not cure the squeaking sounds I hear from time to time.

Honestly I am quite disappointed with the plastic quality inside the car, for example if I push the plastic arround the media system plus I have (it is a thin grey pastic which I know could be replaced with some other options when you order the car) I hear creaky sounds... very very cheap feel... I don't want to think what will happen after 1 year on our bad roads. XP is car ment for some light offroad and is supposed to have more stable and rugged trim inside, prone to more vibrations on the road.

If I can fix these awful noises I can say I am quite happy with the car.

welcome to seat ownership , unfortunately they will always be poorly built as it would step on the toes of vw audi and we cant have that could we , at the same time seat pricing is getting close to vw and audi prices without the resale values.
seat is sadly becoming a pointless brand very quickly at the expense of vw greed.

page3

Dec 25, 2015
welcome to seat ownership , unfortunately they will always be poorly built as it would step on the toes of vw audi and we cant have that could we , at the same time seat pricing is getting close to vw and audi prices without the resale values.
seat is sadly becoming a pointless brand very quickly at the expense of vw greed.

The equilivant Skoda was 4K more than my (on order) Leon and the equilivant Golf was 7K more. This is my direct experience when ordering back in December 15. Build quality seemed on par with VW/Audi - you get good ones and poorly put together ones.

Saying that, I had a TVR that never broke down and a Volvo that left me stranded multiple times at the side of the motorway.

leonlad

Mar 28, 2004
london
The equilivant Skoda was 4K more than my (on order) Leon and the equilivant Golf was 7K more. This is my direct experience when ordering back in December 15. Build quality seemed on par with VW/Audi - you get good ones and poorly put together ones.

Saying that, I had a TVR that never broke down and a Volvo that left me stranded multiple times at the side of the motorway.

7k more for what ?

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Still no rattles from anything on mine at 20 months now, only fault I have found, is one rear lens has started to mist up (no cracks) but sure my dealer will sort that.

Bigkev74

Mar 15, 2016
Cardiff
door rattle fixed.....i hope ☺

we have just had ours back(leon 5f 2015FR1.4, tech pack &seat sound) & had it taken in by Seat White Dove about 6 times and other problems mostly because of door rattles, i didn't want to void the warranty & sound proof it so they have sort of by sliding in some foam behind the door panel i upgraded with the stereo & couldn't use the stereo sometimes even when stereo not on, this would be down to the fact there is a plastic cover over the section normally used for access and the black plastic acts a a drum, so pressure build up and then hits the door release cable & rattles a bit of foam can help as this is the cheapest fix, but along as you don't brake the door card clips.:):) enjoy the sound :funk:

cliveseat

May 15, 2008
West Yorks
I finally bit the bullet and had sound deadening put in the doors, having had the car in to Seat for them to supposedly "fix" the rattles under warranty, but only after 45 minutes of super-heated haranguing.
All is bliss now. The standard stereo sounds miles better (which was the intention), there's no creaking and the doors shut with a solid thunk. I can feel the extra weight, but it doesn't blunt the performance or handling and the car seems quieter.
Not only that, but the guy who did the job said that - judging by the effort required - the door panels had clearly not been removed before and there was no evidence of Seat having done anything at all to address the problem. I never saw a job sheet so can't comment, but I'm more inclined to believe him than the lazy buggers at the dealership.

Stealthdave

Sep 28, 2006
MY door cards rattle at the top. If I push on them they don't rattle, but it's becoming quite annoying now. Does anyone know how to fix?

zeffania

Nov 4, 2016
My passenger door rattles, but only now I have turned up the bass and only certain frequencies.

I have the dash issue too, might have to dig out my fabric tape

veno

Feb 9, 2016
Sofia, Bulgaria
www.bulforum.com
Guys,
I managed to fix almost all my rattles and squeaks. Only issue now are the A-pillars. When the car pass a potholes or rough road the A-pillars are rubbing with the dashboard and causing some squeaks, more obvious in the cold mornings. I have put for some time felts between them and the dashboard but this causes the A-pillars not to move when the car body twists and transfers the energy to the dashboard which squeaks as hell. Finally I removed the felts.

So does anybody faced such issue with A-pillar squeaking and how have he solved it? I have followed the TPI putting some felts on the front tip of the A-pillars where it touches the windshield, but this didn't solved my issue... I have used a different kind of lubes like gummi-pfledge, silentcoat, silicone, dry ptfe on the a-pillar surfice and dash surfice where they both meet... no success for more than a day or two....

I have no clue what to try more... if anybody have an idea please share it with me!

Thanks!

nvidia

2004 Seat Ibiza FR TDi
May 16, 2009
Reading
My door card rattle also rattle, but the bottom of the door card

Also new rattle just developed near the driver side air vent

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

ggnope

Sep 1, 2015
Add sound-deading mats + sound-absorbing foam, this solved my rattling in the doors to 99%.

Hello. Could you please name a couple of products that are good to use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.