rattles

bob.griff

hi all just want to know if you to have trouble with build quality the dash has been out of my 56 plate 1.9 tdi twice by dealer cos it rattled like mad carnt stand it! in fact the whole car seems to be falling to bits at 19k is it the 1.9 tractor engine vibrating it to bits rest of car seems ok

2zeroalpha

Chippin at the chalkface
Feb 12, 2008
Yorkshire
I've had two mkII leons and I must say I have never had a problem. I know a number of people have reported rattle issues and there are a couple of simple fixes on here iirc requiring little more than duct tape and earwax. Do a search and you should be able to turn something up.

andychef1234

Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen
I've had two mkII leons and I must say I have never had a problem. I know a number of people have reported rattle issues and there are a couple of simple fixes on here iirc requiring little more than duct tape and earwax. Do a search and you should be able to turn something up.

sorry mate do a search for what i got a rattle when i put the clutch in in nuetral? any sujestions really annoying.

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
hi all just want to know if you to have trouble with build quality the dash has been out of my 56 plate 1.9 tdi twice by dealer cos it rattled like mad carnt stand it! in fact the whole car seems to be falling to bits at 19k is it the 1.9 tractor engine vibrating it to bits rest of car seems ok

If your dash has been out 2 times, that's the problem. The dash is only designed to be fitted once and left anlone. The dealers probably had half a dozen clips and screws left ofer that they couldn't be bothered to fit. :no:

There should be no real reason do remove a dash apart from a passenger air bag going off. why has the dash been out 2 times?

andychef1234

Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen
Probaly clutch release bearing......as can occur to any manual car

car got new clutch release bearing fitted, clutch, dual mass flywheel from the dealer. luckully was covered under the man warranty. went to pick car up after all this was done and being told that it had been test driven and noise had stopped.

when went to pick car up still makeing noise so told them to strip it check it again.....:wtf:

phoned yesterday to say a new ENGINE:cry:

BUT ALL WAS GOOD CAUSE THERE DOING IT UNDER WARRANTY?!?!?!?!:funk:

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
car got new clutch release bearing fitted, clutch, dual mass flywheel from the dealer. luckully was covered under the man warranty. went to pick car up after all this was done and being told that it had been test driven and noise had stopped.

when went to pick car up still makeing noise so told them to strip it check it again.....:wtf:

phoned yesterday to say a new ENGINE:cry:

BUT ALL WAS GOOD CAUSE THERE DOING IT UNDER WARRANTY?!?!?!?!:funk:

Good luck, It will never be the same again with a new engine. Personally I wouldn't be going :funk:, I would be going
:-o:(:cry::confused::ban::help:.

The grease monkeys at seat dealers will probaly fook it right up, damage the paintwork on the wings, chuck your bonnet around the workshop floor for 2 weeks, and leave half of the bolts/clips/pipes/and wires loose.

I would be asking for a replacement car what with the dash being ripped out twice and fitted back in with a hammer and nails.....

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2007
Wolverhampton
I think which ever way you look at it you've had a bad experience.

I would say a new engine is a better option than a new car tho - they'd only likely find a similar age model and you won't know how the car will have been treated...

That said 19k on a TDi is hardly anything...

andychef1234

Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen
Good luck, It will never be the same again with a new engine. Personally I wouldn't be going :funk:, I would be going
:-o:(:cry::confused::ban::help:.

The grease monkeys at seat dealers will probaly fook it right up, damage the paintwork on the wings, chuck your bonnet around the workshop floor for 2 weeks, and leave half of the bolts/clips/pipes/and wires loose.

I would be asking for a replacement car what with the dash being ripped out twice and fitted back in with a hammer and nails.....

to be honest the reason i was saying :funk: was because it has been annoying me and what with the car being so close to man warranty being up im just happy to be getting that. they did try to pan me of with " i think thats a standard sound" but then after alot of badgering they came round in the end. if i had of left with the car and continued driving it my mechanic said the list of repairse could have been endless.....

As for "dash being ripped out twice"????? dont think so..... must got me mucked up with someone else. will be giving the car a good inspection with my standy micanic (cousin) if anything feels or sounds dodgy we will be sure to give them a collaring.....!

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
^^^^1 YEAR methinks

Yes I seem to have got the OP mixed up with regard to the dash being repped out twice.

Hope your new engine is all OK.

andychef1234

Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen
Just got back from picking up my car from the dealers full inspection carried out cosmetics no scratches or dents. No vibration at all clutch and engine very sharp and responsive so all in all pleased thanks for the info on the warranty on parts changed under warranty will remember that.

Hope there are not any further problems...

bob.griff

it is a hidious rattle in dash area nr heater controls and yes the facia is now full of screwdriver marks were is been dragged out by dr rough all the dash seems creeky and nasty plastacky bits spoil car carnrt stand it much longer its going while is still got some value...... are new ones any better and does 2.o tdi drive the same with big lump of power then just flat

I understand that the facelift models have a nicer dash, yes. :)

(P.S. No offence intended, but it would be great if you could use some grammar and punctuation as your comments are rather hard to read as they are.)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.