RDS' Leon Cupra R

RDS

OEM+
Aug 11, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
Amd

Had a 620mile round trip this weekend to Essex and back. Was a really good day though.

I travelled down on Saturday and stopped in a hotel overnight with the missus. Gave the car a clean up when I got down.

I had a great day, massive turnout and it was great to meet people off here who I normally only talk to on the forum.

Looking through my pics I only seem to have taken pics of the bay the night before (in the dark) after cleaning up the charge pipe and manifold:
P1040680.jpg

P1040681.jpg

RR day pics:
P1040682.jpg

P1040683.jpg

P1040684.jpg

P1040685.jpg

On the rollers:
P1040686.jpg

P1040694.jpg

P1040693.jpg

P1040694.jpg

My mottor seemed to be getting some attention and got some good comments about it, so happy days.

Car made 297bhp 352lb/ft. Main things done since it was last on the rollers are:

Service
New sparkplugs gapped to 0.035
2.0t coilpacks
Badger 5 V2 TIP
MAF
N75 E valve
Forge 008
Catch can with 19mm inlets
Cleaned up the K&N

Happy with the figures but the 1st run (when these figure were achieved) was all over the place, I'll get a pic up tomorrow. The second run was alot smoother and it made 290bhp 324lb/ft, I'm going to put the way the first graph went to being first on the rollers but I have no doubt the car is capable of producing those figures again with a smoother curve. I may have to go back to motorscope to get it on thier rollers.

Only downside was on the way home just south of Leeds the car missfired and threw up two fault codes:

Code:
[B]16684/P0300/000768 - Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected[/B] 

[B]Possible Causes [/B]
Air Intake System leaking 
Fuel Supply faulty 
Injector(s) faulty 
Ignition Cable(s) and/or Spark Plug(s) faulty 
Ignition Coil(s) faulty 
Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Valve (N18) stuck/open 
Camshaft Position Sensor (G40) faulty 

[B]Possible Solutions[/B] 
Check Misfire Recognition 
Check Air Intake System 
Check Fuel Supply 
Check Injector(s) and Injector Sealing 
Check Ignition Cable(s) and Spark Plug(s) 
Check Ignition Coil(s) 
Check Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Valve (N18) 
Check Camshaft Position Sensor (G40) 

[B]Special Notes [/B]
This DTC indicates that one or multiple cylinders are misfiring, but the ECU fails to identify the cylinder.

[B]16688/P0304/000772 - Cylinder 4 Misfire Detected [/B]

[B]Possible Causes [/B]
Ignition system 
Fuel injectors 
Fuel pressure 
Running out of fuel 
EVAP canister purge valve 
Evaporative emission system 
Low compression 
Base engine problems 
Controle Module damaged 

[B]Special Notes [/B]
This feature search for engine misfire in a specific cylinder. Most of the time the cause for a misfire is a lack of combustion in a cylinder due to absence of spark, poor fuel metering, or poor compression.

Obviously I had to get home so pulled over and gave the car a rest while I looked them up. Cleared the codes and put the missfie count up on the screen of the liquid gauge and carried on home. I didnt get any more missfires and the car seemed to be running spoton so, not sure what it could be. Any advice is appreciated.

Last edited:

ben450

Feb 17, 2012
London
Love the engine bay mate and good RR result. Hope you find out what caused the fault codes soon.

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
Pics look good, Richard :)

Quick question, hope you don't mind? You changed your N75 recently, what sort of symptoms made you decide to try that? I'm finding power delivery feels a little lumpy, got a couple of flat spots which VAGCOM and rolling road traces don't show up anything in CFs or boost for. Also getting a strange fluttering noise on WOT in 4th from about 3k, 3.5k maybe. Any of this sound familiar?

RDS

OEM+
Aug 11, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
Hi mate, if you look at my last rr day graph here, look at the boost. It jumps 3/4psi between 3500 and 4000 rpm, decided to change the N75 incase it was sticking. In regards to the flutter, yes I did get that with the DV30 fitted but it seems to have disappeared now with the 008 and the yellow spring.

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
Cheers mate. Sounds like maybe not the N75 in my case then, although I may change it anyway as the newer revision may behave better, thanks. As for the flutter, I have the 008 with yellow spring and it's happening now :) It's when on WOT, not on lift-off.

I'll see if undoing the N249 bypass helps. Thanks for your help as always :)

RDS

OEM+
Aug 11, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
N75s aren't expensive so may be worth buying just to rule it out, I did change the N75 and the DV at the same time so :think: you never know. Mine was exactly how you describe in 4th 3k/3.5k rpm.

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
Hmm, interesting, thanks. I'll get in touch with David @ SERE tomorrow, going to try the N249 thing this evening first.

Cheers again :)

RDS

OEM+
Aug 11, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
Forgot to mention aswell, it looks like SEAT couldn't be bothered to do their job properly when replacing the pollen filter on its last service. After the 310 mile trip to Newcastle mostly being in the rain the passenger side floor is drenched. Just been out and refitted the cover for the filter :censored:

ben450

Feb 17, 2012
London
Forgot to mention aswell, it looks like SEAT couldn't be bothered to do their job properly when replacing the pollen filter on its last service. After the 310 mile trip to Newcastle mostly being in the rain the passenger side floor is drenched. Just been out and refitted the cover for the filter :censored:

Have you rung them and had words mate? :censored:

ben450

Feb 17, 2012
London
No point mate, would fall on deaf ears. If I remember I may mention it next time the cars serviced.

Yeah your prob right mate have words though when you get it serviced next even if you get abit of discount.