RDS' Leon Cupra R

RS6

Nov 24, 2009
car is amazing still want first dibs if you decide to sell one of the best on here :D

just seen my old one on pistonheads!

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
car is amazing still want first dibs if you decide to sell one of the best on here :D

just seen my old one on pistonheads!

Sorry not to focus this at your thread Rich, but James is yours the one with the forge fmic? Red piping? 52 plate?

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
How long will they be having the car for Rich? I'll definitely use your parts list as reference in the future.

With regards to the seat cig burn, when we got my wife's car a few years ago it had a cig mark, so we took it to a local upholsterer who was able to do a repair by infilling with a plastic based substance. Hardly noticeable and hopefully yours will be just a spec which will blend in without any dramas. I assume that you have new base material and foam on order? They'll look and feel nice fitted. Worth the money and the hastle!

Here's to some decent weather hey :)

RDS

OEM+
Aug 11, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
3/4 days mate.
I may have a look into that with the burn.
I've already got the seat foam, it's fitted and the slash in the cover is being stitched as we speak. Going to give them a steam clean tomorrow. Can't decide whether to fit these asap when I get the car back or use the time to get some miles on the engine :think:
Can't wait for some decent weather, just wish I was in the position to get an LSD :(

RS6

Nov 24, 2009
Sorry not to focus this at your thread Rich, but James is yours the one with the forge fmic? Red piping? 52 plate?

Yours is up there t0m in my top 3 :D if i ever speak of an LCR to anybody i point to both of your threads!

yes thats my old leon looks like the owner did tyres and brakes something i hadn't got round to its pretty much the complete package it was cleaner when i owned it though, hes missed loads of spec R32 anti rollbar, racing clutch, fully polybushed etc funny to see it again tho :D

Last edited:

ReDBull

Every day's a school day.
Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
3/4 days mate.
I may have a look into that with the burn.
I've already got the seat foam, it's fitted and the slash in the cover is being stitched as we speak. Going to give them a steam clean tomorrow. Can't decide whether to fit these asap when I get the car back or use the time to get some miles on the engine :think:
Can't wait for some decent weather, just wish I was in the position to get an LSD :(

Are you fitting new pistion rings as well? I'm excited for you I'm sure it's going to be worth the wait!
Have you seen there's a Quiafe GB on in the TSR section?

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Yours is up there t0m in my top 3 :D if i ever speak of an LCR to anybody i point to both of your threads!

yes thats my old leon looks like the owner did tyres and brakes something i hadn't got round to its pretty much the complete package it was cleaner when i owned it though, hes missed loads of spec R32 anti rollbar, racing clutch, fully polybushed etc funny to see it again tho :D

Thanks mate :redface:

I was going to say it looks like they've missed a load of the spec. Someone will get a cracking car.

I hope Rich never sells his one now!

RDS

OEM+
Aug 11, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
Are you fitting new pistion rings as well? I'm excited for you I'm sure it's going to be worth the wait!
Have you seen there's a Quiafe GB on in the TSR section?

Oh yes, new piston rings, rod bearings, cam belt, water pump, oil pump ect. May as well get it all done at once :)
No chance I'm buying a diff, all this stuff is getting done because it was sitting in the house. Need my own place before clutch and diff.

so t0m keep quite :p

Can't wait to get it back, steam cleaning the Recaros now :)

RDS

OEM+
Aug 11, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
Cleaned, just need a car to put them in now :(

P1050407_zps4e57af8a.jpg

P1050406_zps39efaef0.jpg

P1050409_zps866c978f.jpg

Think I might have another go cleaning them tomorrow to make sure they're tip top before fitting ;)

Last edited:

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
With all the talk of the drinking at Inters' I'm not sure I'll even be letting myself drive home, lol. Might have to leave it till Monday!!!

Recaro's are coming up well mate, good work. :)

ReDBull

Every day's a school day.
Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
So ive not been on here for ages...the V3 manifold doesnt flow that well? Can someone link me the info? cheers

If the link was posted its last 5 mins as it to a certain Mr Gowers FB page. Look for comments on the JBS manifold I think there's over 130. Also have a look on the link to the Badger5 FB page I posted earlier.

RDS

OEM+
Aug 11, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
Little update ;)

Got the car back on Friday, engine work is all done, completed with 37,201 miles on the clock. I've done 142 mile in it this weekend to start running it in, it's going to be a slog though. Normally I don't cover much mileage, since buying the car three year ago I've done less then 10,000 mile in it.

Having got the car back and having decent weather I took advantage and stripped the interior out and gave everything a good old clean:
P1050411_zps1d2a3898.jpg

It was then time to get the Recaros in.
OEM vs OEM+ ;)
P1050413_zpsb351a9bc.jpg

P1050416_zps4bfb0090.jpg

P1050415_zpsb074b556.jpg

(apologies, the pictures are a bit shoddy)

Massively impressed with them, it's a shame they were an extra, all LCR's should have came with these.

Ok, so know to the problem the car has developed. Took the car out today and covered around 70 mile, engine was running great. On the way home the radio lost power and then the ABS and TCS lights flashed on, they went off and the radio came back on. Scanned the car whilst sitting in traffic using the liquid gauge and two codes popped up, decided to get home then I'd check them out. This happened a couple of more times on the way back. Parked up on the drive and turned the car off :doh: realising I needed it running for the liquid gauge to work I went to start it and nothing. When I turn the key all the dash displays go off :think: I can't even find out what the codes are because with no power the liquid gauge wont work and the laptop VagCom is on is my ex's that I dont have access to anymore. It's getting checked at the garage tomorrow.
Anyone on here got any thoughts?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members