Re-found the love for my car.

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
As per another thread, having dramas with the noise coming from the front corner of the car. And now both rear doors not unlocking on the odd occasion. Ive lost the love for the car. And spending some time this week looking on auto trader etc for another car.

Anyway, last night i was watching YouTube videos of stage 2 Leons and the joy they bring 😁.
That and the fact that the car easily owes me 6 to 7 grand now and i could only get about half that if i sold it, ive decided to carry on with it.

So with all of the bolt ons its had ive just rung Badger5 and booked it in for a remap.

Spoke to a very helpfull chap there called Alex.
He sead that the next restriction the car has is the injectors. The standard ones are limited (give or take) depending on condition to 270hp.
He didnt mention fuel pump that i dont want to change anyway. Too many faff.
Could i run bigger capacity injectors?
A- to eak out a few extra hp
B- so when its tuned the injectors arnt running flat out.

They sell these so could ask them to fit a set whilst they have the car.
Any opinions?
20220108_131530.jpg

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
I think most of us have been in this frame of mind at some point in the ownership of these cars but like you say when you weigh it up you'll need to fork out a substantial amount to buy anything else worthwhile.

As for injectors you need to decide what the end goal is but if it's just to facilitate a remap then 550cc injectors will be more than sufficient.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
Yeh, i think you do need deep pockets and or the ability to work on the car yourself.

End goal is to get the car to as close to 300 as possible.
Ive done my bit plus or minus the injectors then a remap and thats it. If it only reaches 270hp when its done the that is fine. But if new injectors help it on its way, then all the better.

After that, just the usual servicing, door locks, window regulators, water leaks etc that these cars throw at us.....

Reactions: 300bhpdaily

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
270bhp is easily surpassed with just a decent remap and no bolt ons.
I'm assuming you've already done FMIC, intake and exhaust upgrades though?

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rich.T

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
I’d agree with you both I’ve been at that stage when the engine failure on the yellow track car. Made me want to wash my hand if the whole thing but after afew days to think I decided to do something I’ve wanted to do for a long time which was have my parts onto a black shell and that’s what I did. I haven’t test started to reshell it tho as I’ve lost motivation but seeing a post like this motivates me to want to start moving forward with it.
Fair play to you in my opinion your doing the right thing your car is a future classic you whatever you buy will not have that much history and meaning as the mk1 leon cupra R has.

Reactions: MoToJoJo and Rich.T

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
Yep, 3inch exhaust from turbo + 200 cell cat. Airtec front mount intercooler. Badger5 tip n heat shield. Foam air filter (cant remember the make) and 6 inch cool air intake. New OE diverter valve and new complete pcv system. Forge de baffled hot/boost pipe. Silicone hoses from turbo to inlet manifold.

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
I’d agree with you both I’ve been at that stage when the engine failure on the yellow track car. Made me want to wash my hand if the whole thing but after afew days to think I decided to do something I’ve wanted to do for a long time which was have my parts onto a black shell and that’s what I did. I haven’t test started to reshell it tho as I’ve lost motivation but seeing a post like this motivates me to want to start moving forward with it.
Fair play to you in my opinion your doing the right thing your car is a future classic you whatever you buy will not have that much history and meaning as the mk1 leon cupra R has.
Im a bit fickle with cars and tend to get bored of them afte a few years. Plus this time of year doesn't help. Post Christmas skintness and crap dull weather.

But i do feel like itd be a waste to do all the work ive done and not get it tuned up. Id be stopping before the finnish line.
And sell it so someone else could benefit from all my hard work.

Reactions: 300bhpdaily

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Im a bit fickle with cars and tend to get bored of them afte a few years. Plus this time of year doesn't help. Post Christmas skintness and crap dull weather.

But i do feel like itd be a waste to do all the work ive done and not get it tuned up. Id be stopping before the finnish line.
And sell it so someone else could benefit from all my hard work.
That’s exactly how I’d feel if I ever had to sell my cars I’d not want anyone to enjoy my hard work and potentially ruin the car I’d built over years of swearing and frustration over it. Lol
Stage2 is a completely different car to drive in my opinion it’s how the cars should of come from factory and I think seat realised that in 2007 and started uping the power on anything cupra badged.

g60stu

Feb 9, 2003
Reading
Badger 5 mapped my car last year. 282bhp with standard injectors although he did tell me they were maxxed out. Fuel pump seemed happy too. Depends on how deep your pockets are. I’d be inclined to stick with what you have and see how mapping goes. It’s easy to spend money on stuff you might not necessarily need.

Dazzalcr

Aug 10, 2019
Glad you have a change of heart, I think you would regret selling it on, the two cars I've spent the most on and worked on and got the most mad have been seat lol but I have liked erm the most, I bought mine already stage 2 and I know it's more than 270 bhp on std injectors and it runs and pulls fine on all the same bolt ons as you have, except cold feed mine on std airbox with green cotton filter. The lad wanted to buy it back after 2 weeks of missing it thats over 7 yrs ago, like you and the rest too much has been spent to let someone else enjoy our hard work.

My 1st seat, max power days lol.

Attachments

• 20191128_221916.jpg
    20191128_221916.jpg
    413.6 KB · Views: 93

andycupra

status subject to change
sadly, car are a depreciating asset. ironically the only ones that are not are old / classics.
so the mindset of a car 'owing you' is always going to be a painful way of looking at it. throwing more money at the car will only lead to more of the same :(

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
sadly, car are a depreciating asset. ironically the only ones that are not are old / classics.
so the mindset of a car 'owing you' is always going to be a painful way of looking at it. throwing more money at the car will only lead to more of the same :(
But youve got to spend it on something 😉.

My ex had more out of me than all of the cars ive lost money on.

But im not bitter.....
mqdefault.jpg

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
As per the title of your thread Rich, me too.
Not that I fell out of love with mine at all, but car has been parked up for 6 months due to building an extension at home.
Failed mot on a few bits back in June and no time or money to spend on it so just parked it up.
Booked it in the garage before Christmas to get everything sorted out.
it went in last week, just waiting for an mot slot now, then fingers crossed should be back this week.
Will be spending a weekend washing and polishing soon as possible.
I nearly sold mine last year to free up funds for the house, so glad I didn’t.
keep going. (y)