Rear ARB bracket broken :(

edwards_a3

hey guys, my rear ARB bracket is broken, on the near side, is this a part which is easily replaced? if so do you think i good bit of welding will surfice?

any help would be great
oh and merry chirstmas
Matt :)

Oct 31, 2006
Cambs
I take it it's an aftermarket one yeah? if so you could either make some yourself or ask bill if he's got any.

edwards_a3

yea its neuspeed, its not the drop link thats broken its what the drop link connects to on the car itself.

Oct 31, 2006
Cambs
yea its neuspeed, its not the drop link thats broken its what the drop link connects to on the car itself.

if it's like mine it's a 2" L bracket just bolted on to the rear axle and to the drop link, you could either weld it, make a new one or bill (badger 5) does them.

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
i have them in stock.
i wouold check however, that the drop link lengths are setup correctly with the car on level ground, NOT with one side jacked up at a time, a la on the drive way norm. reason for why is you will be adjusting the lengths whilst the rear beam is twisted, and you are dialing in unwanted torque/stress
regards
bill

edwards_a3

thanks for the replys, ill get it up on ramps in the next few days and post a pic ill be making an order with u bill in the next ew weeks anyway. Oh and the arbs were fitted in 2006 lol

edwards_a3

right unfortunately i can not post urls to other sights as i havnt posted enough, Bill ill email you the photo in the next day or two, and lets hope some light can be shed.

thanks guys

edwards_a3

arb.jpg

thanks m0rk

the red circled area is my issue, this is what is broken, the drop link itself is fine. hope this makes a bit more sense

thanks

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
looks like the brkt yep
same as my own rusty ibiza one
rear-arb-l-brkt.jpg

£10 +vat & carriage for a new pair with stainless steel bolts

regards
bill

edwards_a3

Thanks Bill, ill give you a call on monday, for disks pads and a new set of those beauties.
thanks for everyones help, no more clunking for me

Matt

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise